Discuss Burglar Alarm panel for disabled lady in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

KevinS

Hi,
fitted a alarm many years ago for a lady, but 4 years ago she had a brain hemorrage.
She is asking if there is any way I can make her alarm system easier for her.
She is asking for a keypad with BIG buttons, does anyone know of a panel like this,
she also says it can take her 7-8 minutes to get up/down the stairs, so I am planning on putting another keypad at the top of the stairs.
i have also suggested a panel with key fobs to turn the system on/off

I don't do that many burglar alarms probably half a dozen a year, so I always stick to the same type.

What do you guys use in these circumstances
does anyone know of a BIG button keypad
what are the keyfob panels like to use, and what would you recommend
any other advice would be greatly appreciated
cheers
ps I am informed she can do things if she is shown over and over again, so simpler is probably better

personally, i would use a gardtec 595 panel with key fobs. but there are several other types to choose from. definitely go down the keyfob route though. it's the simplest way in that situation.

I fitted a Texacom kit last year which came with an RF module and two key fobs. They were pretty easy to use, although the keypad was quite fiddly..

Galaxy's also have an RF feature but they can be pricey but you get what you pay for

Most maunfactures will probally have the same capabilities for a radio fob.

Thanks, what sort of price are we looking at for these panels, can you have a keypad also, or is the reader combined with a keypad,
thanks for your help

all of these panels come with keypads. the fobs are generally an optional extra. you are looking around £50 for a panel with 1 keypad. extra keypads are around £25.

For the type of system your after, anything from 100 quid up.

Most have a proxy tag reader built into the keypad which are also simple enough to operate.

Just want to say thanks for all the help
currently it has a pyronix sterling 10 panel fitted
thanks again
kev

Reply to Burglar Alarm panel for disabled lady in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock