Discuss Burglar Alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AA410

Hi all have to install an alarm for the mother inlaw not had much todo with these whats the best radio or hard wired and what is a good make hope you can help many thanks

RISC0 595 panel. 8 wired zones and 8 wireless. google risco. a kit with panel, keypad, battery, FCU, everything except cable. £209+vat delivered. hard wire bell and keypad, best thing i've used for a domestic or small commercial, and i've been installing alarms since 1980.

to set, you enter code followed by yes. for bedtime ( isolating upstairs if needed, code followed by 1 ) told you where. google " risco".they are in rochdale. and their tech. help is on a proper landline number, not rip off 0870

Last edited:
RISC0 595 panel. 8 wired zones and 8 wireless. google risco. a kit with panel, keypad, battery, FCU, everything except cable. £209+vat delivered. hard wire bell and keypad, best thing i've used for a domestic or small commercial, and i've been installing alarms since 1980.

Would this fall under "Insurance Compliant Alarm" category? Because Insurance companies would turn down claims if the right type of Burglar Alarm wasn't in place. Thanks.

Would this fall under "Insurance Compliant Alarm" category? Because Insurance companies would turn down claims if the right type of Burglar Alarm wasn't in place. Thanks.

All the insurance company looks for is a system compliant with PD6662 - that's the standard to which the alarm should be installed. The control panel is compliant with the correct part of EN50131, so there won't be a problem there.

Insurance companies tend to get a little high and mighty where remote signalling is concerned, as do ACPO - they'll insist on an SSAIB or NSi approved company to do the monitoring (you won't get a URN for your ARC if you're not anyway), and some of them like to claim you need that approval for maintenance too - you don't, so long as you can prove maintenance is carried out in accordance with PD6662.

If it's domestic, it won't likely need to be anything above a Grade 2 - and either the Logic 6 I mentioned, or the Risco panel will meet that easily.

agreed. for a domestic audible system, any decent panel is OK. wher insurance companies rip you off is offering a discount of a few quid off your premium if you install an "approved" alarm system. what they don't tell you is that for the sake of a 5% reduction in your premium, you are going to have to pay the " approved" intallation company around £600 or more every year and if there are any call-outs to faults, it's never their fault. you will be charged exorbitant repair costs. ( that,s form the likes of ***) apologies to any approved installers on the forum

Thanks guys, for clarifying this and fitting one of these alarm systems ( Yale Wire Free 4 Room Alarm Kit - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys ) would comply, wouldn't it?

Thanks

Thanks guys, for clarifying this and fitting one of these alarm systems ( Yale Wire Free 4 Room Alarm Kit - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys ) would comply, wouldn't it?

Thanks

It won't comply with PD6662. It's a "DIY" system, which isn't made to the same standards.

Better off with "proper" kit.

Try looking round for a Scantronic i-ON kit if you need to go the wireless route. Dead easy, and seems great kit so far. I know City Electrical had some in "kit" form with a couple of wireless PIRs, etc.

For the sake of the forum & its members, i have removed certain company names.

Im sure you guys understand.

Totally agree with you mate - I hate them getting free advertising too!!!!

I'm also sure, that their rates are more like £1 a day fully comp and monitored.....unless it's a takeover. For domestics, anyway.

It won't comply with PD6662. It's a "DIY" system, which isn't made to the same standards.

Better off with "proper" kit.

Try looking round for a Scantronic i-ON kit if you need to go the wireless route. Dead easy, and seems great kit so far. I know City Electrical had some in "kit" form with a couple of wireless PIRs, etc.

Thanks for the info, accordfire.

Cheers!

The Edmundson group electrical wholesalers are selling a Scantronic Ion16 kit for £200 which involves a ion 16 CIE, The keypad also with 3 pet tolerant PIR's with a door contact aswell. All you would need to buy then is either more detectors and a SAB a Internal Sounder and a battery and all you do is hardwire your keypad and SAB (save on high costs using wired bell box and keypad) and address all your detectors and devices and program the system. Which is fully compliant equipment to PD6662:2010 and EN50131

Sorry guy why do you use expensive electrical outlets for your gear, your limited, radio alarms unless above garde 3 would keep well away from

And Bill were have you been....!

Wireless equipment is handy if you have a grade 2 domestic that needs doing and lots of the flooring is laminated you would use wireless as you can't get the cabling in but hybrid systems give you the best of both worlds, at the end of the day you get what you pay for and spending that little bit extra makes all the difference

Reply to Burglar Alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net