Discuss burglar alarms in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Ross Trician

evening guys.

been asked to look at a job which include atemping to get the olb alarm working,. it seems all in order but no one knows the code for the system.

is it possible to get a master rest for them???

thanks, Ross.

I think you can, but maybe contact the manufacturer?

They may give you the code, however, they may be a bit like Corgi and you have to be registered before they hand out codes.

Kinda makes sense i suppose.

i know some have an engineer mode well ones we use at work do but to acess that you need the engineers code so you will have to find that out somehow

but to put a new code in for the customer you will need the original

Hi Ross, If its an old alarm, is it up to scratch regarding sab outside it must not sound more than 20mins now by law, the strobe can stay on and flash, but if its old put a new panel in and new sounder outside.

Most panels you can master reset even if they have NVM. Give us a manufacturer and model and we will see what we can do. Scantronic can be difficult.

Thanks for the reply folks, will get the details when I next go there.

was hoping to avoid replacing system, or parts of it as it's not a pating type job but doing it for a local youth type group.

I'm not overly conversant with alarm systems tho,

thanks again.

Re: burglar alarms, updated...

Hello chaps,

I have somemore info from the alarm I looked at a while back.

it has on it, "scantronic" and has a model number of MI-BZ0309.

any help on a rest code or where to get one from greatly appreciated.

ross.

Reply to burglar alarms in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock