Discuss burned mice and 3 phases dead in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

amlu

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
had a last minute call out to a shop today. all electrics dead, checked db first, found a fried mouse between bus bars.

no power coming into the db, checked on the meter, nothing, checked incomer fuses (100a) they good, no power going to the fuses. advised them to call to DNO.

they said there was some burning smell from suspended ceiling before (theres lots of fluorescent lights in it)
install is a proper proper cowboy mess, did not want to bother sorting it out and walked off , just wondering what happened, fault on the lights should knock mcb off, short circuit by mouse should blow incomer fuse?
mysza.jpg

Had a mouse register 20MVA as a transient fault. Poor little sod had got in to an 11KV bus-bar spout. It got its picture in the Electrical Review 30+ years back. I wasn’t too happy rebuilding the switchgear. Even found its nest and babies on top of one of the OCB tanks.

Reply to burned mice and 3 phases dead in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Got an emergency call out from a very worried old lady the other night - the power at her apartment had gone off and the kitchen light was...
Replies
Views
I don't normally get involved with domestic work but this job is for a family member so I cant Simpley say no. the house is a large property with...
Replies
Views
Apologies for the complexity of this question, but there’s no easy way to explain it. This is a remote Norfolk house and workshops, developed...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Everyone. A quick question. I am currently selling my house and I am just waiting on exchanging with a potential buyer who had all the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been a few years since i've posted but here goes! At the factory I work in we have an old Spanish line from the mid-eighties that is fed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock