Discuss Busbar Trunking Tap-Off Box in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

ebow72

-
Reaction score
Hello there, again...
Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a busbar Trunking Tap-Off Box from?
I have a project I have to quote for and can't seem to find anything other than ebay, which I don't really want to use, if I can help it.

I am asking as I have a college project to undertake -
here is the low down...I and my fellow students have been asked to tender a quote to install a 3 phase supply up to a isolator, there is a 3 phase distribution board and a busbar system running along the wall. We are looking at about 18m run from supply to isolator. There is already existing trunking I can use, as its less than 45% full.
The most cost effective and practical quote gets to undertake the project.
So, the idea is to tap off the busbar, but it's looking more unlikely as the day goes on.

Any help as to the whereabouts of these Tap-Off Boxes would be great. As we will need to purchase 2 of these at least.
I know, ideally I should of posted elsewhere, but I hope it doesn't get on to many peoples chesticles..

Thanks

If you knew what the manafacturer of the busbar was and what the model number of the tap off box you need is then this may well help .

Busbar trunking is NOT standard and comes in many guises both new and old ie barduct, schneider, telemecanique ,

More info would help

Nick

Alright there again, I have some info and a few photos, if this helps and if anyone can point me in the right way, I would be very grateful.
It's Barduct busbar and seems quite hard to get hold off, it looks like Siemens is the only place I can get hold of it.
I am on it, but if anyone does know of how to get hold of a tap off box, I would be very grateful
Ian's Photos001.jpgIan's Photos000.jpg

Thanks Again,

IanIan's Photos003.jpg

Have a look on ebay , there are some single phase units on there. I know your after tp but you may be lucky and the seller may have more in stock ???

Hope this helps

Nick

hi, seen this post on the forum and after reading it i thought id try and help , i work for E&I Engineering Ltd. all the info is in the web page manufacturing all kinds of electrical switch gear form panels to dist boards to and tap off boxes, we also manufacture the busbar trunking as well and have a lot of prestigious clients and projects from before, now and in the future, i build the tap offs from the sheet metal to the testin to the packing for delivery , whats the specs of the tap offs that u need and i will see what i can do.

Reply to Busbar Trunking Tap-Off Box in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net