Discuss Business admin documents templates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi

I want to start my own business doing fairly standard electrical installations and testing.

Does anyone know of a reference for administrative stuff I'll need such as complaints book, risk assessment templates.

I know that competent person schemes provide some of this stuff but was hoping to find a complete list more than just what they want.

Not interested in accounting stuff since I'm doing that separately and cash basis accounting isn't so complicated.

Thanks

Does anyone know of a reference for administrative stuff I'll need such as complaints book, risk assessment templates.

I know that competent person schemes provide some of this stuff but was hoping to find a complete list more than just what they want.

These schemes will provide these templates; think you can download them without being a member:

Elecsa - ELECSA for Contractors - https://www.elecsa.co.uk/Contractors/Useful-Documents.aspx

What else are you after?

Thanks for your reply.
The only other thing I can think of is an accident book since I'll be working in public spaces and someone might get injured.
I still think they'll probably be more though maybe that would be more if I have employees or am working with a sub contractor.
Maybe a formal way to show that they've received advice on all relevant risk assessments, that sort of thing.

Thanks for your reply.
The only other thing I can think of is an accident book since I'll be working in public spaces and someone might get injured.
I still think they'll probably be more though maybe that would be more if I have employees or am working with a sub contractor.
Maybe a formal way to show that they've received advice on all relevant risk assessments, that sort of thing.

A spreadsheet with the title ‘accident book’ will be fine.

Midwest - only temp staff but under my insurance.

Essex - I'm aware info can be stored in a spreadsheet. What I'm after is more a template of the info I should keep. An accident spreadsheet would contain meta data, I suppose, like date of accident, names of witnesses etc. A template for all that based upon some actual legal experience would be useful. Have you seen something like this?

Midwest - only temp staff but under my insurance.

Your responsibilities are for employees; for subcontracted staff you would have different responsibilities. For example your accident book.

If your joining a scheme, gets some guidance from them; get them to work for your fees.

To be honest I think you are asking too much. You are basically asking for a complete guide to setting up a business from scratch and for others to provide you with all the documents.

Starting a business is a tall order especially if you have employees, be them temporary, permanant or subbies they will fall under your umbrella.

I would suggest doing some research and at least coming back with some examples of what you have so we can bounce ideas of oneanother.

If you are not capable of writting your own risk assessments I would recommend doing a short online so that you can. Getting generic ones is all well and good but you must be sure they are fit for purpose.

Things like accidents books do not need to be anything fancy. A simple spreadsheet with the info in is more than enough. Complaints book can be exactly the same.

Confirming those working for you have been properly briefed is very important. A decent set of RAMS will usually have a signnoff sheet so that people can confirm they have been breifed on that days risks.

I'm not asking for a complete guide. I want a more complete version of the link that Midwest kindly shared.

I don't need everything relating to business or a guide to formatting a complaints book rather a list of the relevant nouns that will be part of admin of an electrical contracting business eg rams, complaints book etc.

I suppose these things are quite general to all businesses but I think there's stuff relevant to the trade. If you own a restaurant you should keep a record of your checks of fridge temperatures at regular intervals. I don't suppose I'll need to be doing that but some specific industry things I'm probably still missing. The fact that no one has pointed them out is encouraging I suppose.

Reply to Business admin documents templates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock