Discuss Buying a quote in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Folks, don't know if I have this information right or not, hence my question. My Lad (Camerabloke) paid a visit today, and showed me something interesting. Someone on the net posted a "buy a quote" thread, it seems this thread or post whatever you want to call it, not to sure where it came from, although I have my ideas, would post up a job, this particular one was wire and supply 2 outside PIR lights, move 3 existing lights and thirdly rectify an unknown fault on some sockets, for ÂŁ100:00, seems daft, yes but someone desperate for work is going to bid. So muggins buys this quote, either sell it on, or do the job and up the price to the customer, never come across this scam before, and it is a scam, has anyone ever come across this type of thing before? no wonder our trade has gone down hill, why can't the proper scams NICEIC etc do anything about it? What are your thoughts?

There's one doing it via an app on mobile phones. All legit apparently, but never the less the same thing. Why cut out the middleman, when they can make a fortune!

Reply to Buying a quote in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Just interested in peoples thinking on using the neutral through the earthing system like I came across today. I've come across many wrong...
Replies
Views
This is quite lengthy so get comfy... I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Hi All. I'm seeking some advice. About trousers/dungarees. I've secured work experience with a local firm, doing two days a week at present with...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock