Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Buzzing from kitchen lights in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Please can you help?

I have 2 lighting circuits installed in the ceiling in the kitchen
- newly installed.
Both on separate circuits with independent switches

It is 8 recessed LED fittings For each

One set is silent when on
The other set has a pronounced buzzing sound when turned on. This I guess comes from a “transformer”?
How to solve the noise please? (Not by me but what do I ask an electrician about?)
Thanks

Scolmore Electrical Products

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hello and Welcome.
Sorry to hear about the buzzing. Can you say a bit more about it? Do the lights work normally otherwise? Have they always buzzed? Are they on a dimmer switch?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello and Welcome.
Sorry to hear about the buzzing. Can you say a bit more about it? Do the lights work normally otherwise? Have they always buzzed? Are they on a dimmer switch?
Lights work normally.
Always buzzed since installation
They are On a dimmer switch.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
can you trace where the sound comes from. it's more likely to be dimmer than lights. maybe borrow a stethoscope from you friendly neighbourhood sawbones.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
in that case. I'd get the sparks who fitted them back to replace it. it will be the driver in that particular fitting.

Reply to Buzzing from kitchen lights in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom