Discuss Bye Bye NICEIC, hello Stroma in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I've finally made a decision that the £250+ that I'll save by moving my part p to Stroma will pay for an awful lot of advertising - more than enough to compensate for losing the NICEIC logo.

Just about to do the online stuff in the morning - anyone got any advice from their own experience of moving?

No advice I chose right with Elecsa first time!!! Still the cost saving is considerable.
Let us know how you get on, Stroma did seem to be a bit lost at first but are now coming out of it and starting to get their act together.
Hope it goes well, cant see any major hurdles; so long as you can get proof you have notified what else is required?

Please lets us know how it works out mate. Many of us are currently sticking with the devil we know for now. I for one, want feedback of peoples experience of Stroma or Corgi, I'm just worried I may be jumping out of the pan and into the fire. I admire and commend your bravery, all power to your cause, as I'm sorely tempted, I just need that spark of motivation.

Just been running through the Stroma website and it looks pretty slick. Two points are that the general level of awareness of part P is minimal at best so unless you do a lot of work for architects etc i can`t see it being a problem. Secondly, if this becomes a successful challenger to the grip ECA/Elecsa and the NIC have on the domestic market it may be that either they will put their prices up towards the £450 the others charge OR the others will drop their own prices. With luck the latter!!

Stroma....good name for a swedish Death metal band....

Like the others would be good to hear how it all goes and hopefully will be another scheme that loosen's the nic*spits*eic stranglehold (though i do still think it's only us sparks that can educate the populace about the other scheme's unfortunately)

Reply to Bye Bye NICEIC, hello Stroma in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net