Discuss C&G 2330 level 2 unit 6.. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkystudent

ayup everyone,

I am currently doing a full time Electrical Installation course and I've got my planning and prep for my practical exam in a week and wonded if anyone had any advice for me. I've got decent grades so far in unit 201 and 202 getting credit's and hopefully will get a similar score in 203 and 204. I haven't really worried about exams before but unit 6 planning and prep is really getting to me, i've basically got 12 hours to plan a 2 way lighting circuit strapper method and a ring curcuit with a spur, install it and then test it. Which am sure most of you know about, the materials and tools sheet is my biggest concern my tutor said that there is 50 materials you'll use and need and we generally don't look at your sheet unless you have at least 40 down but when ever i've thought about I can only come up with 34 and struggle to see anymore but past students have said it's just a scare tactic to get you revising and sharp for the test. I am pretty confident with the wiring diagram and risk assessment sheet but the materials and tools sheet is quite a concern.

anyone advice would be a help.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the 206 about a month ago!
Didn't get anywhere near 40 materials used.
I suppose you might if you count all the different types of screw size.
We were told to just list "fixtures and fittings!
Most of us had 80% of our paperwork prepared before the exam day!
As for the practicale bit,I got a bit rushed and had to calm down a bit before I continued.
Took a deep breath and got on with it methodically.
All went very well and about 95% of us passed with good grades.
Wouldn't like to do one of these exams every day though!

ayup everyone,

I am currently doing a full time Electrical Installation course and I've got my planning and prep for my practical exam in a week and wonded if anyone had any advice for me. I've got decent grades so far in unit 201 and 202 getting credit's and hopefully will get a similar score in 203 and 204. I haven't really worried about exams before but unit 6 planning and prep is really getting to me, i've basically got 12 hours to plan a 2 way lighting circuit strapper method and a ring curcuit with a spur, install it and then test it. Which am sure most of you know about, the materials and tools sheet is my biggest concern my tutor said that there is 50 materials you'll use and need and we generally don't look at your sheet unless you have at least 40 down but when ever i've thought about I can only come up with 34 and struggle to see anymore but past students have said it's just a scare tactic to get you revising and sharp for the test. I am pretty confident with the wiring diagram and risk assessment sheet but the materials and tools sheet is quite a concern.

anyone advice would be a help.

cheers

hey mate, i got same exam coming up soon, struggling alot.:confused: i pretty much sound on the risk assessment (easy) but the rest im struggling with, any chance of you sending me an email of the wiing circuit :)

material list i have around 34 items, what items have you got so far, can you list your items please, we'll help each other

cheerz

Why don't you both posts you lists on the forum, and the spec of the installation for that unit. Any im sure some of the members here will give you a hint if it needs improving or is missing something ....

Regards

Why don't you both posts you lists on the forum, and the spec of the installation for that unit. Any im sure some of the members here will give you a hint if it needs improving or is missing something ....

Regards

good idead RacerA3

this is what i have so far:

1) consumer unit x 1
2) main switch x 1
3) miniture circuit breaker 6A x 1
4) miniture circuit breaker 32A x 1
5) ceiling rose pendant x 1
6) ceiling rose battern holder x 1
7) steel wire armour 3 core x 1metre
8) 20mm2 glands x 2
9) 20mm2 banjo x 2
10) Crimps blue x 2 (earth banjo)
11) brass M5 nuts and bolts x 2
12) shrouds x 2
13) 20mm2 locknuts x 3 (1 for consumer unit)
14) cleats x 2
15) 20mm male bush x 1
17) 20mm coupling x 1
18) red rawplugs x
19) No. 8 countersunk screws 1 3/4" x
20) No. 8 roundhead screws 1 3/4" x
21) plate screws x
22) open grommets
23) closed grommets
24) 1 gang 2 way 5A plate switch x 2
25) 1 gang pvc backbox 32mm surface mount x 2
26) identification sleeving brown x
27) identification sleeving G/Y x
28) 1mm2 single and earth cpc pvc cable x (for 2 way i think)
29) 1mm2 3 core cpc pvc cable x (for 2 way i think)
30) 2.5mm2 cable clips x
31) 2 gang socket outlets x 5
32) 2 gang 32mm pvc double back boxes surface mounted x 5
33) 2.5mm2 earth cable x (ring circuit)
34) 2.5mm2 pvc cable brown x (ring circuit)
35) 2.5mm2 pvc cable blue x (ring circuit)
36) pvc conduit black 20mm2 x
37) 20mm spacer bar saddle x
38) 20mm 1 way pvc end round back box x 1
39) inspection Tee joint x 2
40) inpection Tee lid x 2
41) connector block 5A x 3 (i dont know what this is used with, advice wold be appreciated)

the items in red im not sure where exactly they are used, hopefully someone can explain

Hello

41) connector block 5A x 3 (i dont know what this is used with, advice wold be appreciated)

I completed my practical back in March. I used the connector blocks to terminate the CPC that was going into the plastic back boxes rather than leaving them bare. However it doesn't affect your grade whether you terminate them or not (personally I'd want to).

Hope that helps.

Hello

I completed my practical back in March. I used the connector blocks to terminate the CPC that was going into the plastic back boxes rather than leaving them bare. However it doesn't affect your grade whether you terminate them or not (personally I'd want to).

Hope that helps.

thanks for the advice, did you use the same materials as the ones i have listed or are there any different items.

and can you tell me what are the parts of the exam? from what i have been told we have to do risk assessment, wiring circuit for ring circuit, tools list (tick of the tools required) and finally the material list.

any help would be much appreciated mate

cheerz

http://www.electriciansforums.net/electrical-courses-electrical-nvqs/5562-urgent-help-exam-next-week-planning-prep-2330-unit-205-a.html

hi, can someone look at my thread i need some advice, very urgent. i have and exam on monday and im dreading as what i will get, let alone pass.

please help, much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to C&G 2330 level 2 unit 6.. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net