Discuss C&G 2330 Level 3 - C&G 2357 Question Re Part P in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

ebow72

-
Reaction score
Had a question today which has the class divided, If anyone could shed some light on it, I would be very grateful

Here we go...

1. which of the following electrical works would require notification to the local building control?
a. The installation of a replacement electric shower unit
b. The installation of two new sockets on the bedroom ring circuit
c. The installation of a replacement damaged cable in a lighting circuit
d. The installation of a new circuit supplying a cooker.

I have gone for b and d, as the other 2 are just replacements (like for like)
However the one giving me a headache is b, as it's quite ambiguous...
Are they damaged? Are they spurs?

Hopefully I am looking into too much and it's straight forward, any thoughts would be great, if I am right, it would also make the smug git at college who thinks I am wrong, less smug tomorrow..

Cheers

My thoughts are
a. maintenance replacement, not notifiable so long as the CPD characteristics are not changed
b. not in special location or associated with special installation adding sockets to RFC not notifiable.
c. replacing damaged cable so long as same rating cable not notifiable
d. New circuit - ​notifiable

for b it says installing new sockets to ring so I would take this as new not replacement (so adding the sockets to the ring either as spurs or into the ring). whichever it is not notifiable.

Last edited:
I would say...

a. no
b. no - if circuit is already RCDed as all new socket outlets having a rating of 32amps or less need RCD protection
c. no
d. yes

Last edited:

Reply to C&G 2330 Level 3 - C&G 2357 Question Re Part P in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net