Discuss C&G 2330 level 3 i need advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

robbalaar86

Hi guys

First off sorry if any of this has been answered prior to my post but its personal to my situation. I completed my apprenticeship in 2010 gaining the C&G level 2330 up to level 3 i was due to do my AM2 that year but i couldnt afford it as i got laid off as i finished my course. I contacted my College to get my portfolio of work from the assessments i did on site so i could possibly do it now, however they say they no longer have it (not sure if they are bothering to look to be honest) i have been employed in a couple of jobs since to keep the bills paid etc although none of these have been in the electrical industry. Everybody kept saying keep applying keep sending your CV and something will come up... still nothing. Basically to cut a long story short i was wondering my best option now as i am not employed by an electrical contractor so i cant re-do my portfolio and take my am2. The fact that i have no am2 seems to be stopping me from gaining a job in the industry, i am passionate about the industry and its what i have trained to do. I cannot afford the "fast track" route which seems to have hampered the industry. Any advice would be amazing thanks guys.

Have you considered the 2356 NVQ this will eliminate the need for the Am2 do you have your 2382 it's tough out there hopefully some of the more experience guys can give you some tips.
but as far as i'm aware all you need is 2330 lvl3, nvq and 17th to get the gold card most jobs are asking for as long as you have proven experience then the 2391 or whatever the new testing replacement is would just be a bonus

good luck steve

Hi steve

Thanks for the reply, i want to do the 2356 but without the work to do it i cant complete the portfolio. I keep looking at doing the 17th edition its just throwing 500 quid at it and still being in a dead end job just 500 quid short im unsure of my best options.

Cheers Robb

hey there the 17th edition just get a up to date regs book
and just sit the exam it much cheaper go to local college should just cost 40 to 60 pounds its a online exam and u can do it in a evening
just look on some treads on the exam for some sample papers, when u get yourregs book just tag key papers thats what i did

the course is a waste of money by the way they teach you nothing

Reply to C&G 2330 level 3 i need advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net