Discuss C&g 2330 - part time at college in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Darren R

Hello Gents,

I'm just starting the long road to my 2330 at college in September and have the feeling I am battling the collegge staff to get onto the course, let me explain.

There seems to be a concern that I as I am in an office job and looking to retrain I may not be able to do the practical stuff.

Can anyone tell me if there is a "job related" element of this course where yourwork is assessed on site etc?

If there is I have a problem, if not I can't see what the issue is...

Also if anyone has any tips or things that they think I may find useful in my approach to getting on the course, I'd appreciate that - I'm hoping to stay in full time work in the day and do the C&G course over 3 years in the evenings...

Thanks, Daz

Hi Darren

There are no job related assessments with the course.

What narrow minded college staff probably mean is that with you being based in an office job, you might not be technically minded enough for the course. What would definately help you is if you looked for a job in the trade.

Unfortunately in the world today, there is a stigma that goes with every job. Office staff think that tradesmen aren't very clever and tradesmen think that office staff are Homosexuals. Just an observation i've made over the past years! :mad:

I know that's not true cos I was a Management Accountant for many before deciding that I wanted out of the office! :eek:

Go for it and Good Luck!! ;)

Mark:D

Can't see why it should be a problem, might help if you can point to various practical things you have done at home and demonstrate some knowledge of the course. Usually these people are just keen to take your money!

hi i work in an office at the moment, as i just can not find a job on site!! I started the 2330 lvl 2 in sep 2007, and am just about to finish it, so far ive pased everything with distinctions, will be doing lvl 3 in september too, my college said its fine, as they are aware its not easy to find a job at the mo so they dont mind it does sound like your college are just being a pain as if my college can do it and i work in an office then they all can ;)

The main reason for training centres to be a bit more picky, is that they do not want a high failure rate as this could go against them with C&G.

Guys, thanks - a couple of reasons for me to rock up on the day and look like I'm going to apply myself to the task in hand - appreciate the pointers.

Good luck findong work too.

Daz

Reply to C&g 2330 - part time at college in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net