Discuss C&G 2351 lvl 3... where do I stand?!?! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Does anyone know at what stages you receive a pass for each unit during the 4 years? Or better yet, what each unit was called? I'm in possession of 4 passes and waiting to hear from C&G and the college to see what other units I may of passed. I might have the last 4 units... well I'm hoping. It would be a shame if I have to do the other units and it turns out it's not possible to complete the other units.... and have to start the 2330 from scratch :(

Hi Tagrawnix
You do get a lot of people in the same boat as you mate what they should do is only 2 quals ! 1 for sparks 1 for DI's then thats all you need and will clear everything up instead of C & G Level 1,2,3 then NVQ level 3 it should be 1 course covering everything ! only thing that should change is bs7671 update quals. This would make things clearer for everyone.
Regards
Kung.

Ok, just got back from the college, I'm missing 2 units 006 and 007. C&G say there is no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to complete the remaining 2 after all that hard work. Now I have to register for the 2351 at one of the colleges that still run it to get the other two units = NVQ lvl3 :)

yer you need 8 units

i said as before that i got the 2351

then that is your level 3

but dont forget you need the regs

Im totally in the same situation. I left my JTL Apprentership after getting my year 3 2351 certificate...Now im confused if all i have to do is take my AM2 that is the JIB Grade as an electrician, Aparently u are not known as a spark without it. Have you been able to sort this problem out?

If so could you help me please, I have got all 8 units passes with 4 certificates.
Thanks

Jay

AM2 and NVQ. The 2351 is the technical certificate which you must have for your NVQ. The AM2 also goes towards your NVQ. The NVQ is 2356 (was 2355).

So am i nearly there? dont suppose how i can over come this....im really stressed out

Aye, I take it you already have the full 2351 certificate? In that instance do the AM2 and your portfolio for the NVQ. The only problem you might have is funding - you may have to pay for these yourself.

Best of luck.

Aye, I take it you already have the full 2351 certificate? In that instance do the AM2 and your portfolio for the NVQ. The only problem you might have is funding - you may have to pay for these yourself.

Best of luck.

I hold City & Guilds 2351 knowledge of electrical installation engineering, 5 certificates and all 8 units passed with sum credits, Is it now you mean prepare for my AM2 and get in touch with a college to sort my NVQ out?...what is thin by the way?....because as ive heard i just needed to pass my AM2 to be on the JIB Register as an electrician

Thank u so much for getting back to me

Jay

I hold City & Guilds 2351 knowledge of electrical installation engineering, 5 certificates and all 8 units passed with sum credits, Is it now you mean prepare for my AM2 and get in touch with a college to sort my NVQ out?...what is thin by the way?....because as ive heard i just needed to pass my AM2 to be on the JIB Register as an electrician

Thank u so much for getting back to me

Jay

The NVQ seems to be the certificate that the JIB are looking for, which requires the technical certificate (2351) and the AM2 to complete. Basically you build a portfolio highlighting the work you have been doing to satisfy each unit. Once that is all signed off by employer and technical college, internal and external verifiers then that's you. In my experience there can be quite a wait once it's completed before the certificate arrives, so you're probably best to enrol for the 2356 ASAP.

Then send a copy of your 2351, AM2 and NVQ certificates to the JIB along with your completed application form and fee. Within a few weeks you should receive your Grading.

Looks like you are just an AM2 away from being qualified. The minimum we look for as an employer is an C&G level 3 or NVQ 3 equivalent electrical course and preferably a JIB card. If you want the approved card you will need to have 2391 & 2382 18th edition regs course. It boils my P##s that there are courses people pay touted as "Train as an electrician" that are virtually worthless, have you contacted local employers and asked to work with them for experience (Particularly Inspection & testing) this will prepare you for the AM2. We have taken on a few now elecs that needed to finish their apprenticeships to qualify, hopefully you get sorted soon. Check out the requirements

Looks like you are just an AM2 away from being qualified. The minimum we look for as an employer is an C&G level 3 or NVQ 3 equivalent electrical course and preferably a JIB card. If you want the approved card you will need to have 2391 & 2382 18th edition regs course. It boils my P##s that there are courses people pay touted as "Train as an electrician" that are virtually worthless, have you contacted local employers and asked to work with them for experience (Particularly Inspection & testing) this will prepare you for the AM2. We have taken on a few now elecs that needed to finish their apprenticeships to qualify, hopefully you get sorted soon. Check out the requirements

Worth bearing in mind that the last reply on this thread was in 2009.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Reply to C&G 2351 lvl 3... where do I stand?!?! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock