Discuss C&G 4141-01 and C&G 4141-02 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

turtleparadise

Hi everyone, first post.

I'm looking to retrain after being made redundant and I'm just comparing the courses offered

I'm looking at tradeskills4u who offer a course and 2 of the components are C&G 4141-01 and 4141-02

I've had a look at other training providers who don't offer this course (I've since found out it's unique to tradeskills4u) but other providers have replied before I found out it's only for tradeskills4u saying it's a mickey mouse course and I won't be able to do anything with the qualifications

I'm looking at the silver package which consists of

5 Day Principles of Electro Technology - C&G 4141-02
5 Day Domestic Installation Workshop - C&G 4141-01
5 Day Part P Domestic Installers Course - C&G 2393
3 Day 17th Edition Wiring Regulations - C&G 2382-15
5 Day Inspection & Testing Course - C&G 2392-10
2 Day - City & Guilds 2377-22 & 2377-32 PAT Testing

I'd prefer Tradeskills4u as it's closer to where I live and I'm eligible for Adv Learner Loan

Can anyone clarify the 4141-01 and 02 or are other providers trying to put me off

Thanks in advance

Hi Turtleparadise
That was an interesting post and i hope my position may help. I am a mature student and i looked into these courses nearly 3 years ago after redundancy. The course you will take will be classed as a fast track route to getting some electrical qualifications but will almost certainly not put you in a position to be able to do notifiable domestic installation work yourself after completion unless you have previous experience as an electricians mate. Im not sure of your previous background so i will base this post on no previous experience in this field. I believe the course is done in what i will class as a college environment and it may include a mock up house set up which you will rewire according to the current regs. If this is any help not one house in the real world will be the same as the next they may have the same layout but fixtures and fitting will always differ like carpets/laminate floor/ tiles e.t.c. I will try not to make this post to long and boring but I personally took the full time college route even though it is only 2 days a week and over 2 years i have gained the city & guilds 2365 level 2 diploma and am currently doing the level 3 diploma now. This course allowed me to attend college 2 days a week and work for the other 3 earning an income. I was lucky i admit as i was employed by a small company purely on the fact that i was a previous tradesman and i was doing the city and guilds 2365 diplomas in electrical installations. A much more recognized qualification, My employer informed me that he gets loads of applications from the so called fast track route training courses but he does not even bother to look at them. This is a registered company i work for by the way and after listening to his advice a 6 month course was definitely not the way to go to become a fully qualified electrician or competent person. You will gain on paper qualifications to help you on your way but will not gain any where near enough practical experience to go it alone or be considered for employment in this line of work. You may be lucky and i wish you all the luck in the world to get a start.
The price that is charged on these courses is enough to cover the first year at college and you can apply for a student loan for the second year. Apologies for the long post im in me 40s and tend to drone on a bit lol
Best of luck for the future this is a great trade to be in.

Reply to C&G 4141-01 and C&G 4141-02 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock