Discuss C&GLevel 2365 - mock circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to start the city and guilds level 2 2365 course soon (home study). And just wondering what circuits I will be required to build. I've seen plenty of these GSH YouTube videos where the students have mocked up circuits on sheets of OSB so I wanna get practicing for the ones I can expect to see.

Thanks!

I think you are asking for a 4*4 to 8ft*4ft (1ft= 300mm) chipboard panel screwed or lean't against a wall where you can attach your circuits to.
The first 3 standard basic circuits would be :
1. one way lighting with one light controlled by one way switch
2. one way lighting with two lights controlled by one way switch
3. one way lighting controlling separately two lights from one double ganged one way switches
There are plenty others to include but it will help if you had circuit diagrams for each circuit arrangement so that you can make up a wiring diagram then a layout diagram for each circuit.
What course structure and syllabus will you be using?

My L2 2365 practice rig as it currently stands;

Mock DNO cutout (out the bottom is a length of 1.5mm artic flex to 13A plug top, goes to 2 pole isolator to 2 way fuseboard with RCD protection.

6A MCB for lighting, 3 switches currently set as 3 lamp radial controlled by 1 2way switch. Circuit can be set in any number of combinations; 1 way, 2 way, 3way+ with 1, 2 or 3 lamp radial or configured a 3x 1 switch 1 lamp (read: 3 rooms with a light each.
This circuit is PERMENANT and will not change out.

Plan to add mock positions (read: 4 pole terminals) for a PIR and a Fan to offer flexibility of additional functionalities

MCB #2 - This position will be interchangeable.
Sockets: 3 stacked 2 gang sockets currently set as radial (return leg for ring flapping in the breeze - Plan is to wire in a 3 pole switch (Fan isolator - Easiest way to get LNE termination) from the bottom of the socket then ring completes back to CU from isolator - Theory says this will allow switching from radial (incomplete ring) to RFC with the flick of a switch).

I do have a 10 way board I'll likely put in place of the current and press on with a bungalow layout. 1 light circuit, 1 GP ring, 1 elec shower, 1 kitchen ring, 1 heating radial and whatever else I can think of.

Plenty to tinker with.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 17
I think you are both comendable to continue your studies without tutor encouragement.
Here's some basic lighting practicals to have a look at and if you want to practice.

Attachments

• Ackbars lighting practicals.pdf
    485.6 KB · Views: 11

Reply to C&GLevel 2365 - mock circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net