Discuss C-SV 4A/8A smoke extraction panel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
wondering if you can help ,
i fitted a C-SV 4A/8A smoke extraction panel but as soon as tried to open the window via emergency switch it burns the fuse ,the first time it did open a small bit and stopped .
thank you

What tests have you carried out so far. Assuming the panel powers a servo/motor on the window? Is this direct or via a relay? Does this operate correctly if powered directly? Is the mechanism moving freely? Have you checked the wiring to the motor?

As with any fault finding, you need to break the system down, start from one end and follow it through to establish what is working and what isnt.

Hi shaun thank you for the reply ,its via control panel so far i connected the window motor and emergency switch to it as i am trying to open from the switch , i got some doubt about cable size
from panel to emergency switch i used cat 6 (8 core needed ) for it connection ,
every time i try to open it blow the inside fuses (3 A,8A)
and the window got stuck on the little opening.
i think you make sense to start testing from motor coming down to control panel and replace cat 6 cable with 0.75 mm flex .
thank you

Seems like it I think.
Thats how I read it at first but I think maybe he is just running cat6 to the emergency switch.

If this is low voltage and just pulling some digital inputs up or down, then that may be an acceptable solution, but definitely not for driving a motor.

I'm not familiar with the regs and standards for such systems but would have thought the cabling would need some resistance to heat/fire? Should he be using FP200 or similar?

Youcef, can you give some more detail about exactly what you have got, how it is wired, and what voltage it runs at.

If
Thats how I read it at first but I think maybe he is just running cat6 to the emergency switch.

If this is low voltage and just pulling some digital inputs up or down, then that may be an acceptable solution, but definitely not for driving a motor.

I'm not familiar with the regs and standards for such systems but would have thought the cabling would need some resistance to heat/fire? Should he be using FP200 or similar?
If it is driving a 230 or 400v motor (worst case scenario) this is criminal work

Hi everyone ,
Cat 5 is used only between the control panel and the emergency switch to the motor is fed by 1.5 flex cable and the feed from main cu is 2.5 to switched spur to control panel
The system is from UCS ,Smoke extraction :C-SV 4A/8A
thank you guys

Reply to C-SV 4A/8A smoke extraction panel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net