Discuss Cable Bending Radius in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
A real dumb question;

The cable manufacturer has shown 4D as minimum bending radius of the cable in the datasheet. With this information how can I verify my installation? That is whether I would need any support frame for my Junction box (a big box with bus bar in it) to increase the height of the box from the floor level so I can install the cable without damaging it and also it has sufficient space for maintenance in future.

The question is how much height do I required? How do I calculate this?

4D means 4x cable diameter.

so if the cable is 50mm in diameter 4 x 50 = 200mm minimum bend radius

the yanks still use imperial. it's us wot messed it all up with going metric.

the yanks still use imperial. it's us wot messed it all up with going metric.
except (eg boxing), they measure in pounds only......got to divide by 14 to get a proper idea.
I still talk in stones and pounds for weight..... and miles per gallon.
Petrol for five bob a gallon, eh?
That's less than 5p per litre! Blimey!

Last edited:
1966 filled my motorbike tank for £1. that got me about 120 miles. milk wqas 1/- a pimt. bread was 10d sliced. 11d unsliced, average wage £20/week.

1966 filled my motorbike tank for £1. that got me about 120 miles. milk wqas 1/- a pimt. bread was 10d sliced. 11d unsliced, average wage £20/week.
3d for a bus ride to school, 10 bob for 12 month contract at the local baths.........and Bobby Moore envisaged Covid as he wiped his hands on his shorts before picking up the Jules Rimet Trophy from Her Majesty at Wembley.

if i wiped my hands on my shorts, they'd be worse off than before.

Reply to Cable Bending Radius in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock