Discuss Cable cores outside diameters in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Ross Trician

Evening all, hope your all well and keeping busy.

I am trying to find somewhere to give me information on cable core O/D sizes. For example what is the O/D for a 2.5mm core.
I did have a guidence sheet for this but have lost it. I find reallt handy when doing periodics etc to identify the core sizes etc..

any help gratefull appreciated. Ross

Do you mean the guage of conductor AWG/SWGcross sec area etc. RS do a conversion chart FOC I think.

cross sec area 2.63mm = Nominal conductor Diameter 1.83mm (15 SWG & 13 AWG)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Mike,,

what I want is lets say you have a 2.5mm cable, I want to know what the outer sheat/insulation measures, i.e 3.2mm.

You can use a set of verniers to measure and give a guide to core size.

Might be just me but sometimes strugle to tell the core size if it aint marked on the cable...

am I right in sayin that the awg measurment is the measurment of the core size, i.e 18awg is 1.0mm core size.

thanks

CSA Overall Dimensions

1mm² 7.8mm x 4.25mm
1.5mm² 8.2mm x 5mm
2.5mm² 10.3mm x 6mm
4mm² 11.9mm x 6.25mm
6mm² 13.5mm x 7mm
10mm² 17.1mm x 10mm
16mm² 19.4mm x 10mm

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Cable cores outside diameters in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock