Discuss Cable Ideas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Ok all,

I'm looking at a shower install and need a bit of advice selecting the correct cable for the job.

The customer has a 10.5 KW shower. There are no cable factors to apply, all clipped direct in the loft from the consumer unit, above insulation, to the bathroom.

I was going to use 10mm T&E however the customer already has 25mm X 16mm mini trunking affixed from the ceiling, down to the shower.

It's not possible to top entry, only bottom entry is available, so the trunking runs down the side of the shower, with a 90 degree flat bend, bringing the route across the bottom.

The customer has refused for any damage to the wall tiles, it's a concrete wall too so can't drop through studs for rear entry.

I'm concerned that I can't meet the bend radius for t&e as it's a very sharp 90.

Has anyone and recommendations on a suitable flex that would fit the existing mini trunking?

Tenet

Hi Dave,

This was what I was thinking off hand. I know the H07 I have certainly won't.

The mini trunking is glued on with sticks like or something similar so thats gonna be fun.

Tenet

Ok all,

I'm looking at a shower install and need a bit of advice selecting the correct cable for the job.

The customer has a 10.5 KW shower. There are no cable factors to apply, all clipped direct in the loft from the consumer unit, above insulation, to the bathroom.

I was going to use 10mm T&E however the customer already has 25mm X 16mm mini trunking affixed from the ceiling, down to the shower.

It's not possible to top entry, only bottom entry is available, so the trunking runs down the side of the shower, with a 90 degree flat bend, bringing the route across the bottom.

The customer has refused for any damage to the wall tiles, it's a concrete wall too so can't drop through studs for rear entry.

I'm concerned that I can't meet the bend radius for t&e as it's a very sharp 90.

Has anyone and recommendations on a suitable flex that would fit the existing mini trunking?

Tenet
Can't get 10mm2 flex

don't personally recommend this, but i have seen 10mm where the sheath has been stripped off where it's inside the trunking. naughty but practical.

don't personally recommend this, but i have seen 10mm where the sheath has been stripped off where it's inside the trunking. naughty but practical.
Hi Telectrix,

The thought did cross my mind! It's within trunking which will be sealed but I have the mindset of "what's the next guy going to think". Though I doubt it will ever be open again!

Tenet

also, if you cut the assumed mitre off the trunking corner, then fit a manufactured corner, glued on, it will give you a tad extra room on the corner

Reply to Cable Ideas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net