Discuss cable keeps burning out? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bab

hi there, i'm not sure if this is the right forum to post?

the blue cable wire on the immersion heater keeps burning out and as happened so many times that paying £30 for it to be fixed is starting to pee me off!

i had a new immersion heater fitted to the water tank and the blue wire keeps burning out, the electricians say that the heat is backing onto the cable and burning it out but the plumber questioned the power supply and fitted a stronger cable to deal with the heat?

the plumber says a loop would help but the electrician says it wouldnt make a difference as the power supply in the house isnt above the limit.

i'm no expert but i just want it fixed, so if my words arnt exact please excuse me....how can i solve this....thx

"i'm no expert but i just want it fixed, so if my words arnt exact please excuse me....how can i solve this....thx"

Get an electrician in that knows how to use heat resistant cable.

Jokes aside get this checked out by another sparky.

cable should be butyl cable at least 1.5mm but 2.5mm would be better, make sure connections are tight, heat from tank would not burn correct cable but if post on immersion neutral is loose common if electrician did not hold with pliers then this would cause problem

welcome to the forum bab. if you want you could pop your rough location on if you would like one of the members off here could come and take a look at it for you.

is it a electric problem or a plumber problem, as the electrician just keeps cutting the cable down and blaming the immersion heater and says its the plumbers fault...the plumber as tried his best and fitted the stronger cable but it as burnt out again tonight.

so what is the problem?

is the power supply to much?

can't the cable take the power and keeps burning it out?, so is the plumber fitted a heat resistant cable...why as it burnt out again?

welcome to the forum bab. if you want you could pop your rough location on if you would like one of the members off here could come and take a look at it for you.

really, I'm in leeds...so if theres anyone near that would be a great help?, or if know anyone who can help :)

really, I'm in leeds...so if theres anyone near that would be a great help?, or if know anyone who can help :)

if you pm me your post code i will sort a day out for you as both me and paul m are not too far away

What's the odds for that? Me and Phil on the same thread at the same time? Can you pick out my lotto numbers for Saturday?

Last edited:
the plumber as tried to solve it by fitting a stronger cable and it as been quite a while since it last burnt out, it burnt out 3 times in a week before the stronger cable was fitted...

the plumber as tried to solve it by fitting a stronger cable and it as been quite a while since it last burnt out, it burnt out 3 times in a week before the stronger cable was fitted...

3 times in a week? thats not a cheap day out when your having to replace it that many times. if I am back early enough tomorrow i will pop round and have a look at it for you.

hi there, i'm not sure if this is the right forum to post?

the blue cable wire on the immersion heater keeps burning out and as happened so many times that paying £30 for it to be fixed is starting to pee me off!

i had a new immersion heater fitted to the water tank and the blue wire keeps burning out, the electricians say that the heat is backing onto the cable and burning it out but the plumber questioned the power supply and fitted a stronger cable to deal with the heat?

the plumber says a loop would help but the electrician says it wouldnt make a difference as the power supply in the house isnt above the limit.

i'm no expert but i just want it fixed, so if my words arnt exact please excuse me....how can i solve this....thx
Hi mate did you ever get this problem sorted as I'm having the same issue thanks

Reply to cable keeps burning out? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock