Discuss Cable query in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lc1

-
Reaction score
Hello,
I know that for 4-20ma transmitters twisted pair cable should be used with the screen grounded at one end only. However for digital signals ( limit switches , push buttons ) can 2 core/ part of a multi core cable be used ?

Thanks

Hello,
I know that for 4-20ma transmitters twisted pair cable should be used with the screen grounded at one end only. However for digital signals ( limit switches , push buttons ) can 2 core/ part of a multi core cable be used ?

Thanks
No in my opinion your cable needs to be twisted, shielded and grounded at 1 end to ditch spurious interfering signal, had one problem whereby an AC compressor stopping and starting tripped the UPs control circuit , took me a while to suss the problem, sorted in the end by using a twisted shielded pair for the control circuit, pleased with myself to say the least, boss man was happy as well.

Hello,

Thanks

All depends on the environment the cable is installed in.
And what voltage you are using for the signal.

Reply to Cable query in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I think I might have done gone and ducked things up. We got a timer frame single story extension put on( 35sqm) For the Lighting...
Replies
Views
Background: I am not an electrician, I am a retired professional engineer high power broadcast transmitter design , but am dabbling outside my...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two questions about domestic wiring In Ireland 1. Should conduit be used when passing multiple T&E cables (2.5mm) through a garage...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have 50 ft of corrugated pipe buried between my house and a pool shed. I placed it where I knew future landscaping would make it very...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock