Discuss cable zones in kitchens in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iD1985

I'm chasing out a tiny kitchen in a studio flat & my boss wants me to do a chase down to every box which is 8 drops. There's a stud wall on the one side I could use. My question is, he said I can't go horizontally. I said you can, if its in line with a box. Whose right?

You can indeed go horizontally according to regs. Whether your boss lets you run cables horizontally is up to how he feels after you point out he is wrong. Lol.

As said, they'd be in safe zones. But, and it's only a personal preference, I don't like/install horizontal cable runs in kitchens.

Thanks. But looks like I'm still going to have to waste time doing pointless chases. Oh well it's his money he's wasting!

Got to say I don't mind it. Less wiring under the floor. Less chance of a kitchen fitter using the cable as a fixing. Cables behind a nice tile band that the client will never want to touch or drill.

Man up and get your chopping arms out. If its only a tiny kitchen in a studio flat there can't be that many drops.
You will find kitchen drops from above is a usual thing with a lot of kitchens being concrete floor extensions.

and bear in mind that along the floor is a no-no as not all woodbutchers fit skirting board with the odd milligram of no nails. some can still remember that a hammer is for driving nails through cables, not just for motivating apprentices. the more intelligent can actually use screws, some even use a screwdriver in place of a hammer for this. ( although most still believe that the slot in a screw is there just to get it out.)

Reply to cable zones in kitchens in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Rewiring an old farm cottage… every wall brick and previous wiring not done well at all. I can’t locate any of the prescribed zones diagrams on...
Replies
Views
I have had my kitchen rewired ready for a new kitchen. I was originally going to have a gas cooker so a 3 pin 13a socket was left on the end of...
Replies
Views
Hi all. This is my first post on here so hopefully some of you will be able to suggest something other than my ideas. Worked as a spark for 19...
Replies
Views
I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock