Discuss Cable Zoning, Absolutely ridiculous idea apparently in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

KennyKen

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ridiculed for expressing an opinion that cabling should be “Zoned” and not run diagonally in walls. The instant hatred from said comment from Australian and Kiwi sparks sparked an heated debate lol. I’ve attached a snippet. But the head honcho from the group dislikes my thought process. Times like these where I wish, I worked to a British Standard…. Anyhow hope everyone is ok and well. Up the Hammers

Attachments

• 56D7C04D-283D-4253-8E46-D9C0B57756BC.png
    644.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 6BB6CFD6-B04B-4D0B-B5C9-3D6EDA940A28.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 68
I can see one of theirs point of view…. How would a DIYer know about horizontal and vertical zones if they weren’t told?
They would still hit the cable, we’ve seen it in UK plenty times… just hang the picture there, right above the socket.

our regs evolved to include horizontal as well as vertical zoning ….other countries may have evolved into saying, it doesn’t matter as long as there’s an rcd.

I’m not saying we’re right and they’re wrong… it’s just the different way of doing things… like not having ring circuits, different colours…. different voltages!

I can see one of theirs point of view…. How would a DIYer know about horizontal and vertical zones if they weren’t told?
They would still hit the cable, we’ve seen it in UK plenty times… just hang the picture there, right above the socket.

our regs evolved to include horizontal as well as vertical zoning ….other countries may have evolved into saying, it doesn’t matter as long as there’s an rcd.

I’m not saying we’re right and they’re wrong… it’s just the different way of doing things… like not having ring circuits, different colours…. different voltages!
I completely agree, what I can’t fathom is the justification of running a cable diagonally across a wall, which was deemed “Ok” yet when I mentioned zoning, it was pretty much ridiculed.

It's strange, but POME as it was originally, stood for "Prisoner of Mother England" lost its meaning in Australia.
Yes I often rebuttal anti English sentiment with “Hold on your the real Poms, No?” Oh no apparently we’re the prisoners as we still live under the Queens rule, which also doesn’t make sense as the Aussies do too.

Yes I often rebuttal anti English sentiment with “Hold on your the real Poms, No?” Oh no apparently we’re the prisoners as we still live under the Queens rule, which also doesn’t make sense as I
Yes I often rebuttal anti English sentiment with “Hold on your the real Poms, No?” Oh no apparently we’re the prisoners as we still live under the Queens rule, which also doesn’t make sense as the Aussies do too.
If there was no zone near ceiling level ,where would you run horizontal cables with a concrete ceiling or open plan wooden beams? Hz

Reply to Cable Zoning, Absolutely ridiculous idea apparently in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock