Discuss cables ant periods in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

V

virgil

can someone tell me each periode for the conductors please:
aluminium conductors,red&black-between 19..-19..
grey t&e copper
white t&e copper
if you know other cables and periods please let me know

Eh?? Anyone have a gibberish translator??

Virgil - are you UK based?

do you know something,if you want to be clever i cannot comment.so did you answer my question?i asked something,and i don't realy need your comments because you are on this site haveing nothing to do.anyway thank you.

do you know something,if you want to be clever i cannot comment.so did you answer my question?i asked something,and i don't realy need your comments because you are on this site haveing nothing to do.anyway thank you.

You'll get better responses if you think about how you word your questions.

I think the OP wants to know dates when certain types of cables were commonly installed? But I could be guessing wrongly. If this is the case, I think somewhere there is a posting listing these.

Virgil the reason for his witty comment is your basic English is hard to work out i assume you wish to know when a given type of cable began manufacturing and when 'if it has' ended.
The examples you gave are hard to decipher but i will try ....

Red and black cores were discontinued about 2008 but were always the colour code before that.

T&E grey or white? Do you mean PVC, tough rubber, lead????
I can only agree with other posts in that its difficult to clarify exactly what info your after as you post is very hard to fathom.

Read this link i think it might help, if not please re-word your post so its more understandable.

.http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...ectrical-regulations/23233-history-cable.html

ok.i try againe.so if the grey cables with brown and blew conductors started to be used in 2007 i think,the white cables with red and black conductors when was the year witch started to be used and finished in 2007 and so on.i need to know for the aluminium conductors as well.thank you and i hope someone will help me now

Read my previous post and follow the link, the outer sheath grey and white colour code is consistant with pvc and ever since its introduction they are stil available till today, with regards to alluminuim conductors they are still available and often used by DNO this is the confusion you are asking when things were phased out but the examples you give are all still commonly in use; if not domestic then in other parts of the industry.
You've answered your owed query on the core colour code, but can you be more specific
E.g. Domestic, industrial, power and lighting cables, swa, micc........ the make up and scope of cables is extensive over the various area's of the industry and to answer it all would be a massive task in deed.

Please narrow it down if the link wasn't what you were after.. hopefully this isn't homework as we are here to help but not to cheat you through your education.

Read my previous post and follow the link, the outer sheath grey and white colour code is consistant with pvc and ever since its introduction they are stil available till today, with regards to alluminuim conductors they are still available and often used by DNO this is the confusion you are asking when things were phased out but the examples you give are all still commonly in use; if not domestic then in other parts of the industry.
You've answered your owed query on the core colour code, but can you be more specific
E.g. Domestic, industrial, power and lighting cables, swa, micc........ the make up and scope of cables is extensive over the various area's of the industry and to answer it all would be a massive task in deed.

Please narrow it down if the link wasn't what you were after.. hopefully this isn't homework as we are here to help but not to cheat you through your education.

Maybe this is all that's required to be a qualified electrician now :)

I have a cabelo and I would like some answers please plus no smart asso commentoes as me no in the moodio this is always the infarmationio I want to givieo so i donti look more stupidio than i feelio so if you have a crystali ballio I wink luk some answers in the next 5 minitios

I have a cabelo and I would like some answers please plus no smart asso commentoes as me no in the moodio this is always the infarmationio I want to givieo so i donti look more stupidio than i feelio so if you have a crystali ballio I wink luk some answers in the next 5 minitios

lmao :D

Also for some strange reason a lot of the white sheathed T&E seems to originate from the diy sheds,remember seeing it years back and wondering what was going on as all the stuff from the wholesalers was grey sheath yet the stuff in the sheds had white sheath.Thinking back maybe it was a clever thing on someones part so when a proper spark turned up at a domestic it gave him advanced warning that bob from the pub had done work on the install previously.:wink_smile:

Also for some strange reason a lot of the white sheathed T&E seems to originate from the diy sheds,remember seeing it years back and wondering what was going on as all the stuff from the wholesalers was grey sheath yet the stuff in the sheds had white sheath.Thinking back maybe it was a clever thing on someones part so when a proper spark turned up at a domestic it gave him advanced warning that bob from the pub had done work on the install previously.:wink_smile:

Indeed phil. I think there's a section in my loft that the previous owner put in. I would guess it was done some time in the 80's.

Reply to cables ant periods in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock