Discuss Cables heating up in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PURDY1888

Installed a new 4 core 50mm swa to a 3 phase db to fed a heating panel.the length is 92metres. The underfloor elements had not been used in three years and the clients got us to rewire the circuits with 4mm tri rated single cores, after connecting them up at the elements and at the contactors which were fed from 20amp mcbs in the db thay started to heat up. Would like help with this problem

how much current is being drawn? the MCB is not tripping so check with a current clamp if less than the rating of the cable it should not be a problem? is the connection to the element correct ie cold tails at the interface

Reply to Cables heating up in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Client currently has a DB in his outhouse. It feeds a pool pump and an air source heat pump. It is currently being supplied using a 4mm T&E cable...
Replies
Views
Was having a poke around the old man's house today. Anyway. DB is under stairs (18th ed following a recent extension. Not done by me but it's...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, So, a friend of mine has a three phase 100a supply and wants to install 2 x three phase 20a fork lift chargers and a three phase car...
Replies
Views
I get the feeling asking this will produce head shaking, I'll ask anyway... I have a hot water tank with a single immersion heater. Currently...
Replies
Views
I am an enthusiastic retired engineer rebuilding a barn in France from scratch and am having problems sizing my incoming electrical cables. I have...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock