• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Cables in concrete floor. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich.250

Electrician's Arms
Just been to look at a job, to rewire a kitchen, wiring to centre island.
Only thing is it is on a 1st floor with concrete floor.
Just wanted opinions on complying with regulations as to cables in floors.
Would the usual 50mm from floor or earthed armouring or containment apply?
Others have quoted for PVC conduit to island. I cant see how this complies? Unless its over 50mm from top and bottom
Thanks

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
earthed galv. conduit in my opinion.

rich.250

Electrician's Arms
That's what I thought.
If they chase out 50mm deep it will be just as if it was in a joist, but the floor will probably collapse. ;)
I have seen cables mm off the floor in PVC before.....

E

Engineer54

That's what I thought.
If they chase out 50mm deep it will be just as if it was in a joist, but the floor will probably collapse. ;)
I have seen cables mm off the floor in PVC before.....

You would have a top screed of at least 50mm and probablly more on top of the floor slab. Screed is not structural and therefore no problem to chase out and backfill...

G

Guest112

like others said earthed metal conduits no need for 50mm depth with that mate and if in pvc rcd??//

rich.250

Electrician's Arms
The circuits will be Rcd protected.
I didn't think rcds could be used to protect cables in a floor or ceiling?
Just walls?
Or am I being dumb...... Lol
Thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.