Discuss cables running along side ch pipes in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

paddyscouse

looking for a bit of advice
i have turned up to compleate the second fix on a rewire and noticed that the previous spark has run all his cables up along side ch pipes, about 8ft run, will thease be ok if i separate cables in to a lenth of trunking with no lid to prevent touching plus put some insulation around the pipes, all the cables will haft to be bunched together in trunking due to the space , realy want to try avoid derating the cables due to cost thease people have already paid out to mutch

How close are the cables? Trunking will not stop a lot of heat and it would be best to move the cables away from the pipes if possible as those things get hot especially when boarded over.

very close touching no room to move, was thinking about drilling threw wall to try and create some sorte of air flow

I first fixed before a plonker plumber came along, not only used my run,but managed to also tangle his pipes through my cables

With everything in and plastered,its probably easier to move the pipes,like what my plumber had to do
There is non heat conducting material around but it seems like a slap dash solution

Are these cables through holes or slotted ?

- - - Updated - - -

they are running from floor to cieling slotted in between pipes and wall

Ah,sorry,for some reason I just assumed you were talking underfloor

I just typed the following and re read the thread before posting and noticed you had already made the suggestion :)
Is it possible to drill them through the wall at cieling hight and drop them the other side of the wall

if the pipes were fitted after the cables. then get the plumber back to move them. if not, move the cables.

Reminds me of a job some years ago where the 'Heating Engineer' installed some new Boilers and associated wiring in a number of properties. The cables were all twisted round his pipes, answer being the house burnt down. We had to go around and rewire all the properties he had been in ( the wiring was unbelievable ).
My thoughts are, don't let cables come into contact with hot pipework, the two don't mix.

Regards.

Are you planning to issue an EIC on this install, considering you haven't carried out first fix, and possibly don't know what other nuggets of expertise the previous spark left behind?

Reply to cables running along side ch pipes in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock