Discuss Calculate this...Part II some pics of the main cut-out and fuses in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Ghost

Yeh so thought I would check the main fuses and still can't tell what rating they are. I did contact the man from the DNO who said no hurry the next few months will do. @Leesparkykent he did say there are no penalty charges right now but come April there will be. We spoke with the energy supplier (Hudson) who say they have been told by the DNO it is 80Kva whereas on the bill it says demand is 15Kva. So it is interesting the question of agreed load. Looking at bills the average monthly Kwh is 15,000. Now final question, if I pressed that red button what do you think would happen?:rolleyes:IMG_3400.JPG IMG_3402.JPG IMG_3403.JPG

I think around 20 years old. I don't imagine I will be able to pull the fuse at any time soon so cannot know what A they are. Anybody know or guess?
Well I guess 200A fuses :)
There is a penalty for understating the draw, but if there is no penalty for overstating the requirement, would you not say the DNO's own number?

DNO's own number
@Wilko I despair of the DNO who are asking something they have already stated. However we have the discrepancy between SSE original supplier at 15 Kva and DNO at 80Kva. 15Kva sound about right to me considering usual Kwh consumption is 13,000 kwh per month. So if I divide that by cos?(estimate .9ish) I get average over the year closer to 15Kva (monthly) certainly not 80Kva! If I advise the client incorrectly I will have to do a runner when the bill comes in:rolleyes: either way so I am hedging my bets at the moment until matters become clearer. Still trying to work out how to read the HH meter no instructions available may be helpful in final determination. However I did tell the client if they see penalty payments on their bill they will have to adjust the MIC or authorised demand agreement.

The 80 kVA may be their max supply? If pf is 0.8 then iirc thats 150A per phase. Has the monthly use been static? Often there is a small growth, say 5% pa. As you say, you will need to know the pf.

With data requests there is often a devil in the detail. You will give them a number, it's 100% accurate today (you ARE that good!) but next month, next year? So is this a capacity planning request? What period must the forecast be good for? How often can it be revised? What are the costs to update it? And the implications of inaccuracy, is it the same if you are under profile as over?

@Wilko all I can say is that the client will have to look out for penalty charges come next april and adjust their maximum or authorised supply requirements. What fiendish billing methods that obscure penalties under over complex methods for information they already have. Sigh!

Reply to Calculate this...Part II some pics of the main cut-out and fuses in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net