Discuss Calculating circuit load in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

OK, got my tin hat on and have my running shoes on so I can to the bunker......

Looking at a customers "downlight" design for the kitchen/breakfast/family room. They have 32 lights marked and yes, they are planning on buying 240v x 50w fittings.

Calculating load says you should use 100w per location but surely no numpty would put 32 x 100w fittings in a room such as this so is it permissible to use 50w??

And before anyone asks they are "split" into 4 switched areas and no dimmers are required.

Thanks.

I think the rationale for the 100W per fitting came from the ability to substitute 100W incandescents for whatever was installed. So unless they can take R63 or R80 (up to 100W) then I'd say that's reasonable (tin hat on as well).

If BC do winge (unlikely) ... If they're not dimmable then they could substitute some of the newer LED's without having to find a compatible dimmer. Even if dimmable not too much of a problem these days, just a question of getting the colour right.

and don't forget to allow for the photon torpedoes.

A way to prevent the 50s being swapped for 100s
The federation use a "quantum stasis field" to control changelings,a bit over the top,but better safe than sorry

Reply to Calculating circuit load in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Pretty new here, so not sure if this question goes into this thread I am not an electrician; however, I plan to integrate IOT devices and...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Right now I have a circuit in my living room with a GFCI on the lead outlet. For various reasons I want to change that outlet to a non-GFCI, put...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have a few issues: - I bought an LED spotlight which is 50w (Input power 7.8w) 240v, but it flickers when I turn the lights on. There...
Replies
Views
Recently moved into a new home and replaced the main light fitting in the sitting room. We replaced it with this dimmable LED fitting: ENDON...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock