Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Call out charge? Maintenance work ? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi

Im interested to know what some of your rates are?

I was looking at getting on with a building company who will need a Maintenance electrician for call out work to domestic properties.

How would you work out your charge for this kind of work?

As simple as an hourly rate at £**

Or the first hour at £** every hour after that would be reduced to £**

Taking into account traveling/petrol costs, Small parts (connectors, odd bit of T&E..

Thanks.

Im in the midlands.. So wont be as high as the "down south" prices..

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mdshunk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can give you my rates, but I'm not sure they'll help you much. It's 85 dollars for the first hour, and 65 dollars for each additional hour. The extra 20 dollars for the first hour pretty much covers getting the truck to the job. Guys that charge the same rate for the first hour as they do for the additional hours normally start the time running from the moment they leave house or shop. My first hour doesn't start until I've arrived at your home or business. Two different approaches to the same end. Which one you choose mostly depends on how big of an area you cover. 90% of my customers are within a 10 or 15 minute radius from the shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

petegibbons

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have won numerous long term contracts for large social housing providers in the North West doing this type of work. A lot of these work to the 'National Housing Federation Schedule of Rates' but you need to be getting a lot of work if you going to work your prices from them. Depending on who the works for, who I am tendering against and the amount of work involved I generally use them +% to work my prices.

If you need any more info let me know, but in general even though on paper the prices look poor, the mark up on jobs can be huge and a lot of money can be made. My company now employs approx 16 staff (including sparks and apprentices) and has a turn over in excess of £1 million with this type of work making up a large proportion of what we do.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Call out charge? Maintenance work ? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom