Discuss Call out prices?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Just looking for a bit of guidance on what the good people on here charge for call outs.
Basically I got in with a local letting agency today and already got a couple of jobs off them.We discussed my normal rates which are £35 for the first hour and £25 each hour thereafter, which they were fine about.They want me to give them a price for emergency call outs (8pm - 6am).Not exactly sure what to say as I dont want them thinking I`m a greedy b.....rd but don`t want to rob myself either.
Was thinking of £70 for first hour and £50 for every hour after that.
Opinions appreciated thanks

Just looking for a bit of guidance on what the good people on here charge for call outs.
Basically I got in with a local letting agency today and already got a couple of jobs off them.We discussed my normal rates which are £35 for the first hour and £25 each hour thereafter, which they were fine about.They want me to give them a price for emergency call outs (8pm - 6am).Not exactly sure what to say as I dont want them thinking I`m a greedy b.....rd but don`t want to rob myself either.

sounds resonable enough,tho are you giving up all your time to provide that cover,ie 1 week no calls no money no life 2 months no calls no money,or do you have other sparks to cover you when your not available

Just make sure that they don't think they can get you 24 x 7 x 52 or your social life will be a goner!

( Your ) Home to home or on site time only?

I doubt they will rely on just you, they'll have others to call on if you don't answer.

but will they,they will be the same as stu,just sitting around for free just incase they call and if they hit lucky one spark might just be free,if not they will probably have to pay more than the rates they have agreed with the sparks they normally use.

snowhead prices will be from home to home.
as for 24/7 ,my impression is that it is rarely needed but I did explain that I would be going about my normal nightly routine like pool mon,tue,wed etc and if I could get to the job I would but explained that I would not be sitting about actually "on call" if you know what I mean

snowhead prices will be from home to home.
as for 24/7 ,my impression is that it is rarely needed but I did explain that I would be going about my normal nightly routine like pool mon,tue,wed etc and if I could get to the job I would but explained that I would not be sitting about actually "on call" if you know what I mean

'if i can' is not a service,the one job you cant is the one you will lose all work from them,if the customer wants 24 hr call they have to pay for it,you could go in for the kill and offer a total 24 hr cover,in return for all their work,(id want something in writing too) then you could split the cover between yourself and a couple of sparks you know knowing the money you have paid to the others will be clawed back on your regular work from them,i do call,and for 7days im paid £455 standby money just for giving up my time,then overtime rates for what i work and time off if called out early hours,i wouldnt do that for free,neither should you..

£50 same day call out, £35 per hour from the time the phone rings till back to base, plus 50p per mile normal hours, if I'm not available tough.
It they want out of hours & I'm available £50 call out, 50p per mile, plus 1.5x from 18:00 up till 22:00, 2x from 22:00 to 06:00 weekdays, more on weekends.
Like it or lump it.
Simples.

Dont do it....

No price, let alone £70.00 will get me out of bed for an electrical fault!!!

I no a alarm company they will charge £150.00 plus Vat to go out to call outs so £70 way too cheep I did a call out once at 12 pm charged £150.00 was out for a hour at the job but when I got back home coundnt sleep for ages and then I was nackered the next day so not worth it realy

I did a call out once at 12 pm charged £150.00 was out for a hour at the job but when I got back home coundnt sleep for ages and then I was nackered the next day so not worth it realy

try doing it for a living mate...:angry_smile: moneys good but takes its toll on a social life and probably health too,having your tea at 1 am isnt the best thing to do

as said if they want 24hr cover thats what they want! like alarm man said think hard before you accept! i did 3 mths solid on call last christmas ,depanding on your lifestyle it can be hell .if like me u got kids it also ties your wife up to as she couldn't go out on the lash either incase i got called out no day trips out with the kids etc
don't know old old you are but i could have never done call in my 20s/30s far to much drinking to do lol
now on a rota with my subby who has always done call week on week off so not bad trouble with using other sparks is the chance they wont bother as much and let u down and then lose the work.
all depends how much work you get off them in normal working hours,i'm only on call for a few select customers who keep me busy!

as said if they want 24hr cover thats what they want! like alarm man said think hard before you accept! i did 3 mths solid on call last christmas ,depanding on your lifestyle it can be hell .if like me u got kids it also ties your wife up to as she couldn't go out on the lash either incase i got called out no day trips out with the kids etc
don't know old old you are but i could have never done call in my 20s/30s far to much drinking to do lol
now on a rota with my subby who has always done call week on week off so not bad trouble with using other sparks is the chance they wont bother as much and let u down and then lose the work.
all depends how much work you get off them in normal working hours,i'm only on call for a few select customers who keep me busy!

justv to add i got called out at 4.15am tue to silence a fire alarm the joys! nice sunrise though!

the letting agents I work for just expect the faults to be done in the next day or two if its say a main rcd switch knocked out and tenant has no power at all I would go first thing in morning or after work that day

Dont offer 24/7 service they wont pay for it!!

You are always sleeping with one eye open when doing call-out.
Social like takes a knock and the taxman gets a bigger slice of your wages aswell.
If you are a family man think twice unless you have other sparks to help out.

Reply to Call out prices?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock