Discuss call your mp's this is dangerous pushing fellas in high winds in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

solarsparkie

this is mad ive see guys on roofs which should be up there ( hats of to their courage ) I pulled ours down this morning its just not worth it what would a few days cost not the price of a life !

I Agree, ive been told by one of our suppliers an installer has been blown off the roof during an installation. There should definatly have been more time to complete installations when people are risking there lives!!

anyone going up on roof in this weather is either daft or daft,any gaffer sending up his lads up on a roof is either daft or fancies a spell in jail..

Finished our last bit of roof work last Thursday. Still say two solar companies installing on roofs today! Both well established companies in our area. There is one reason why they are on the roof and we're not, GREED.

I think there should be sometime allowed to finish jobs already started due to the adverse weather. We have had it bad now for 7-10 days and it's delayed us significantly due to all the roofs being slate. We had planned to be finished by last Friday but we are completing the last two jobs tomorrow. We take care but ultimately if it's not safe we will come down and wait. No politician will listen but they will want us to listen when is voting time. This lot won't be getting my vote!

You are right about the politicians. 3 letters to my MP and so far the only proper reply I have received has been some regurgitated Greg Barker spiel. I really hope he is taking this seriously but he seems to be a GB follower to the end. He's a Tory after all.

Lol that's why we get our plumbers to do all the roof work! Only people stupid enough to go up.Two young guns today just would not take a telling.North of scotland 80mph gusts.Keen as mustard

we did however have one of the best novembers on record to get the jobs finished.
If your still doing them now you were sailing too close to the wind all along (so to speak!)

You cannot predict the weather and we try to accommodate as many of our existing clue Tain heat pumps who wanted a Pv system as possible. It has not been possible to do all. We only have half days work tomorrow and all jobs done properly, no corners cut.

To be fair, if we could have secured the stock that we wanted the we would still be installing now.

It's not greed, that's the nature of running your own business. If you've bought stock and promised a customer an install, there is not a lot of room for alternatives.

Reply to call your mp's this is dangerous pushing fellas in high winds in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net