uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Callout charges & work carried out couple of days later in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Many thanks to everyone, very appreciated.
The switch is the on/off switch on a Dimplex storage heater.

I will have a chat with the letting agent as it was all very quick got caught on the hop and the 180 not agreed in writing beforehand. I thought 180 was slightly steep but reasonable and most of you guys have agreed with that. A total of 240 quid minus 25 for materials max and they are local, 210 quid for 2 works work, top, very top 3 hours including the initial visit, equating to 215 qid dived by 3 = 71.60 an hour. That is a lot.
Next time, i will get it in writing. He still owes me the invoice and minor works certificate for the new piece or rerouting the piece of earth bonding.

I'm not sure if he is vat rated or not.

I used another electrician for the certificate and hob installation he lived in Dartford as well and he was very reasonable but now vAT registered and was very busy at the time

The call out was not urgent as electrician was advised and he went out a couple of days later.
Thanks again

Btw re earth-bonding, the letting agent sent me a link can't find it googled and like all stated here there does not appear to be a new ref. I have note the requirements of who needs one has changed.
I was stuck as when the electric meter replacement opened his mouth to the tenant, I guess they had it in their minds that something needed to be done and the coincidence that a two and half year old 650 quid heater switch goes funny just drives the tenant into thinking the earthing needs to looked at.
Thanks again

Dartlec

Esteemed
Arms
Btw re earth-bonding, the letting agent sent me a link can't find it googled and like all stated here there does not appear to be a new ref. I have note the requirements of who needs one has changed.
I was stuck as when the electric meter replacement opened his mouth to the tenant, I guess they had it in their minds that something needed to be done and the coincidence that a two and half year old 650 quid heater switch goes funny just drives the tenant into thinking the earthing needs to looked at.
Thanks again
Yes it's not always easy in such circumstances.

And storage heaters can be a pain when they play up (though the ones of that era are very basic engineering so not too much that can go wrong) but there are 1000s of flats in Dartford and surrounding that have them - some nasty surprises for landlords waiting if they ever need to renew them...

Yes, as I said the replacement coast of one large one 600+ - when these tenants move our we are changing the all to something basic/simple electric heaters wall mounted - can't recall their names but one of my friends put them in her flat they look smart, relatively economical and a lot cheaper than the storage heaters.

Change them to lot20 certified panel heaters. You can go Rionte look good but expensive to buy compared to other makes. Haverland are good, heatstore are a bit cheaper. Get ones with open window function it senses temperature changes and if it suspects a window is open it reduces its heat output or can turn off heater saving money. Some are smarter in that they will come on earlier to heat the room so desired temperature is reached at the time set rather than just starting to heat the room at the time set. So if you set the time at 7am and the temperature to 20c the room will be 20c at 7am rather than just coming on at 7am.

Thanks Sparkingmad. As you may know I'm renting out my flat for quiet a few years I think to help pay the mortgage. If I was living in it I'd look at something like that bust as they say, less is more especially in a rental as less to go wrong. So any simple heaters, relatively cost effective like the ones you said, for a duble bedroom, sing bedroom, large hall, large living room and larger than average bathroom. I'm looking at simple, realtively cheap, relaible and sturdy as sadly, most renters do not look after stuff as if it is your own.
Thanks.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
So if you set the time at 7am and the temperature to 20c the room will be 20c at 7am rather than just coming on at 7am.

unless some muppet has left the window open.

Reply to Callout charges & work carried out couple of days later in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.