Discuss Can anybody take 5 mins / few words to explain briefly whats going on...r.e JIB ect.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

Hi Lads

Can anybody take 5 mins / few words to explain briefly whats going on...r.e JIB ect..

I'm not nieve or ignorant but up on the North Wales coast where self employed sparks are 10 a penny nobody is talking about it, and even though i'm reasonably educated I just don't really understand what's going on, or actually I do but what is the impact on the smaller trader or is the guys who work in the large commercial / industrial sector who are affected.

I've seen the £9 an hour for skilled and experienced sparks, I feel for you all, good luck to you

Re: Can anybody take 5 mins / few words to explain briefly whats going on...r.e JIB e

Go to electricians united, then SMA's and the de-skilling of our trade. But basically the big mobs want to give us a right royal shafting by ripping up a forty year old agreement that has helped build their companies!
If this goes ahead then smaller traders will be affected with thousands of sparks unable to work for £9 p/h and flooding the domestic scene trying to earn some poppy!!!

Re: Can anybody take 5 mins / few words to explain briefly whats going on...r.e JIB e

Iv looked and seen agencys trying to get away with paying time served ind sparks 2391 etc £8.00 hour......

Cheers mac, i will print that off and read it in the van tomorrow!, any chance of it being defeated?, i must admit if I lived in a reasonably big city I'd be very worried but from Chester along the coast to Holyhead about 100 mile stretch there is zero industry, just hotels and domestic, we will have to wait and see.Good luck to all of you

BTW, it's not a link, it's a page on this forum mate.

Reply to Can anybody take 5 mins / few words to explain briefly whats going on...r.e JIB ect.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net