Discuss Can anybody tell me what regulation they are breaking. ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rockman

Can you tell me if i have a supply cable coming in, going to a suppliers fuse and from here we are using a double insulated 10mm cable, and we go straight to a fused spur with no other device what requlation are we breaking apart from 433.1.1
No there is no meter.

Last edited by a moderator:
As said, Picture please ...i hope this is a job you've been too and not your home lol.

Just out of curiosity...are they holes left which outline what looks like used to be a meter? lol

Is your cutout in a tall concrete or steel pillar with a lamp on top of it?...... this is probably a street light and is the property of the highways control agency only and because gypo's spend half their life on the roads they class them as their property to use at their convenience.

I did once, but only at college, where they insist that you double over your 1.5mm lighting singles, which then end up too fat to fit in the three-plate ceiling rose! My solution? Wait 'til the lecturer isn't looking.... oh look, they fit now!

Reply to Can anybody tell me what regulation they are breaking. ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good morning everyone. I bought some property in northern Michigan and this is on it. Not an electrician, just want to know what it is. I figured...
Replies
Views
Hi, i live in a new build house where they builders have left a junction box on the outside of my house. In the junction box there is a 6mm twin...
Replies
Views
2nd fixing some sockets in an office today and we were talking about high integrity earthing, I've not got a clue what the sockets are going to...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for someone to help with this dilemma. Image attached to try and explain it better. We have 3 separate lights currently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock