Discuss Can anyone answer what happens with Eicr reports done after the deadline 1st April in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Also on the flip side landlords have to deal with unreliable, incompetent, overpriced electricians so I see it from their side also.
The problem is from the landlords perspective how do you determine the quality and accuracy of the EICR your presented with, then there is the cheap EICR with possibly unnecessary codes and then the overpriced remedials.

Before you even get the EICR you have to negotiate the minefield of how you choose a contractor to do your EICR and there doesn't seem to be any guarantee that choosing a CPS approved contractor will get you a properly and diligently carried out EICR by a suitably qualified and experienced electrician

The problem is from the landlords perspective how do you determine the quality and accuracy of the EICR your presented with, then there is the cheap EICR with possibly unnecessary codes and then the overpriced remedials.

Before you even get the EICR you have to negotiate the minefield of how you choose a contractor to do your EICR and there doesn't seem to be any guarantee that choosing a CPS approved contractor will get you a properly and diligently carried out EICR by a suitably qualified and experienced electrician
In general terms most landlords already have a trusted electrician/tradesman who has carried out work for them over the past few years so I don’t see it as being a “minefield” unless you’ve been fortunate enough to have no maintenance work required or unless you’ve had “DIY DAVE” to do the remidial work. He flicks the switch and the toilet flushes ? I don’t see it as being a problem there is a small minority of electricians who aren’t up to scratch same as the Landlords so it’s not a major issue really is it. Plenty of high standard electricians who will conduct an EICR to the required standards as set out in BS7671

Why can’t I put a thumbs down to this one I’m not the best on here but I’ve had a couple do so with my comments but don’t seem to be able to when I disagree with a comment ?‍♂️

Reply to Can anyone answer what happens with Eicr reports done after the deadline 1st April in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net