Discuss Can anyone beat the cut-off date for a 47.75 kWp installation? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PAGE Renewable

Our only "large" PV install is due to have a planning permission decision on or before 23rd November this year, but I think we cannot beat the 12th December for the installation / FIT application confirmation date as we are only a small company - does anybody think we have a chance of beating this date? I'm unsure of the triggers to set the FiT at pre 12/12 levels (the cost implications of a DNO application are quite important to us too) - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not yet, we were waiting on the PP before submitting the application, I have seen talk of DNO's being "snowed under" and taking a long time to respond.

i am in the same boat i have 40.18kw system to do and we have planning but we are awaiting the order to start from the council but they may be making the G59 application
anyone any ideas of the time this would take?

You don't have a chance i'm afraid.

If you put your DNO application in it will take a week or two before you get a response, which will then say that they need 45 days to get you a quotation. You then need to accept the quotation and if any upgrade work needs doing then you have another few months wait for them to do that.

"an order to start" makes me even more nervous - I believed PP would allow us to proceed on it's own - if there are further delays it is a definite "missed the boat" - I am happy to let the job go to another large installer if they believe they can beat the cut-off date - I'm one of those rare breed that wants to keep the customer happy! (as most on here seem to be)

To be fair the timescales i am quoting there are from our dealings with CE-ELECTRIC. It may be worth giving your DNO a call and seeing if they can fast track it for you?

We are in the opposite situation to you; we have DNO permission for 2x 50kWp and 2x 10kWp sites but no planning permission. Grim.

Good Luck.

Reply to Can anyone beat the cut-off date for a 47.75 kWp installation? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net