Discuss can anyone find one of these Starbreaker RCCB's? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I want to give 30mA RCD protection to the right side of this board (see below)
can anyone find one of these Starbreaker RCCB's? Starbreaker CU - EletriciansForums.net
There is no main switch in this CU. Each RCD supplys the MCB's to it's right. I want to change the 100mA one for a 30mA one but I cannot find one. There are plenty of similar looking ones but these generally have 380/030s rather than just 380/030 as seen in the RCCB on the left. I'm not sure if they would fit?

Could anyone post a link to one that would fit? It could be a 63A or 80A one. The owner will not be changing the board. It's also still pretty neat given the age!

Also, is this how the board was designed to be? I.e without a main switch? Both RCCB's are fed from separate tails from a Henly block

Cheers.

got this..... 380/ 030. BS 4293. looks identical to the left hand RCD you have in the pic.

can anyone find one of these Starbreaker RCCB's? crab - EletriciansForums.net

got this..... 380/ 030. BS 4293. looks identical to the left hand RCD you have in the pic.

View attachment 45523
Damn Tel that's good work!!

How much do you want for it? Plus remember to add on the postage!

Really appreciate this, you're a top man!

you will need to test it. akaik, it came out of a working CU that was upgraded .

you can have it for free. pm me your address. to offset postage, just a small donation to the Dogs Trust or RSPCA will be fine.
I'll PM you my address and we'll have a discussion about payment (perhaps beer?) :)

So..... I put a post up yesterday saying I'm having difficulty locating an RCD. The same time the following day (i.e today) I'm back at the computer writing to say I now have one sitting in my kitchen!!!?

Not only did Tel have what I needed but he sent it out straight away and point blank refused any payment.

Tel is a top top man.

It is now being closely guarded by a ferocious cat!
can anyone find one of these Starbreaker RCCB's? RCCBTel - EletriciansForums.net

Tel,
You don’t happen to have another one identical to that do you? I’ve just had one fail on me today!! I’m more than happy to give you something for it if you do!

don't know if i do. will have a look tomorrow

Thanks very much,

Really appreciate it
i've got a different one, similar to look at but it's the 1 with 2 busbar prongs on the back instead of 1.

Reply to can anyone find one of these Starbreaker RCCB's? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock