Discuss Can anyone identify the make/model of this storage heater please? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All, after a bit of help and wondered if anyone can tell me if they know the make/model of this storage heater. Recently purchased a property and this storage heater does not work, so looking for parts to fix it or may replace. There is no manufacturers make or serial numbers I can see on the unit. It is fairly distinctive with three push buttons on the right lower side just above the filter (FAN/FAN/BOOST & DAY ENERGY) with a fan speed dial to the left. Also conscious that there could be asbestos within the unit so a bit weary on touching it without knowing.

Any direction would be appreciated.

AlanCan anyone identify the make/model of this storage heater please? 20200914_185301[1] - EletriciansForums.netCan anyone identify the make/model of this storage heater please? 20200914_182918[1] - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
are you sure it is a storage heater?
do you have other identical units in the property?

look on the back for a rating label. should also give maker's name.

are you sure it is a storage heater?
do you have other identical units in the property?
It is the only heating system in the flat - I believe it contains bricks inside it to store the heat and has two vents that come out into the living room and hall that should blow stored heat when it is working.
[automerge]1600107105[/automerge]
look on the back for a rating label. should also give maker's name.
Thanks I have looked at the back and there is no labels at all. The unit is the size of a stand up fridge freezer and build into a small cupboard. Nothing on it at all. Mystery

ah, ok.

I thought it looked more like a stored water device than a heater but the vent at the bottom threw me a bit.

first thing i would look for would be any switches on the wall near the heater, make sure they are on.

next look in the lounge, hall and kitchen for any timers or thermostats.

finally check the consumer unit (fuse board) and ensure all is switched on, no fuses missing etc.

finally are there any large boxes or switches marked economy 7 or similar near the electric meter?

one final suggestion, if you can get in touch with the previous owner they might tell you how it works without having to spend time / money on investigating it.
if you have just paid the 1000's for the flat, surely a quick phone call should be included in the deal???

ah, ok.

I thought it looked more like a stored water device than a heater but the vent at the bottom threw me a bit.

first thing i would look for would be any switches on the wall near the heater, make sure they are on.

next look in the lounge, hall and kitchen for any timers or thermostats.

finally check the consumer unit (fuse board) and ensure all is switched on, no fuses missing etc.

finally are there any large boxes or switches marked economy 7 or similar near the electric meter?
Cheers James - Yes there is a heater power switch outside of the cupboard and also a honeywell thermostat. I have chapped a few of the neighbours doors to ask the question but they either don't know or it was replaced years ago by previous owners with something more modern. I have switched it on and tested it overnight however just blowing cold air so know the fan at least works.

I think then, your best bet is to put a call for help on the work available section of the forum, i am sure that there will be a member close by that will do some investigating for you.

I would hope (expect) that less than an hours work would be involved to let you know either how to use it or what is needed to put it back into service.

bloody hell, that is heavy.
depending on the model it is between half and 3/4 of a tonne.

don't fancy carrying that down the stairs

I think then, your best bet is to put a call for help on the work available section of the forum, i am sure that there will be a member close by that will do some investigating for you.

I would hope (expect) that less than an hours work would be involved to let you know either how to use it or what is needed to put it back into service.
Appreciated thank you, will call an expert
[automerge]1600110322[/automerge]
Here's a pdf of an earlier or later version than the O.P
Thanks Snowhead think this is a older version of a warm air unit likely 70's - the link here is more modern looking.

It's possible the fan and thermostat etc (which do work) are supplied from your main consumer unit, whereas the heating element (which doesn't work!) would have been supplied from an 'Economy seven' supply/consumer unit via a timeswitch. As has been mentioned, is there any sign of a timeswitch, or remains of another 'fusebox' near your consumer unit? I think it's as likely to be not working because the timed supply is disconnected somewhere, rather than there being an actual fault with the element.

Reply to Can anyone identify the make/model of this storage heater please? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock