Discuss Can anyone recommend a decent sds cordless and combi drill set? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

egginyourface

Evening all

im in the process of looking for a decent sds cordless drill and combi drill?

ive used dewalt for past few years, combi has been ok. Used it with the nano batteries and they have out lasted both drills.

think is time I change them

any one recommend a decent set?

dewalt 985? xr 18v good kit good but make sure you register on intertet, as soon as you buy, I made the mistake on mine too busy did it after 5 wks couldn't get extra 2 years warranty bummer.

I was quite happy with the combi set. First one lasted about a year. Second one is still working, and using the nano batteries which are still goin strong.

The sds cordless 18 v only lasted about 2 years and a bit disappointed. Mayb used it too much.

Looking at bosch 18v set or the milwaukeeset.

For me the 36v is a bit chunky and when I'm drilling bigger holes I tend to use 240 v drill. I need something light and easy to use in tight spaces. Also something that has interchangeable batteries so I have access to more batteries

For me the 36v is a bit chunky and when I'm drilling bigger holes I tend to use 240 v drill. I need something light and easy to use in tight spaces. Also something that has interchangeable batteries so I have access to more batteries

18v sds by dewalt, makita or milwauke then.

Im a makita man myself personally

Bosch 36v are practically unbreakable and feel like they will go on forever

Last edited:

I have this combi and it's a great little tool. It's not as heavy duty as the HD18 as Shanky says, but I find the only limitation it has is a weak hammer. So coupled with the SDS it would make a great kit.
I use it as my main drill and it copes with everything I use it for, with the added bonus of being small so you can use it between joists. I even strapped its handle on and used it with a 52mm diamond core bit with no complaints last week.

I have this combi and it's a great little tool. It's not as heavy duty as the HD18 as Shanky says, but I find the only limitation it has is a weak hammer. So coupled with the SDS it would make a great kit.
I use it as my main drill and it copes with everything I use it for, with the added bonus of being small so you can use it between joists. I even strapped its handle on and used it with a 52mm diamond core bit with no complaints last week.

How long is it? Ive been eying up for a smaller drill mine is too long.

First time I saw the 458 I thought it was low-mid range because of size its tiny.

A mate at work uses the dewalt 14.4 and its a bloody good drill can stand up to 18v drills easily

Last edited:
I've taken the plunge, bought it. At £400 feel its a bit cheap compared to the bosch equivalent I was thinking about buying.

do they still do 5 year garuantee with these tools.

Reply to Can anyone recommend a decent sds cordless and combi drill set? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock