Discuss Can anyone spot what’s wrong? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

The video attached fine.

First thing, eliminate the obvious…. Is the 3A fuse good? Swap it with another table lamp.
Is the bulb good? Same. Swap with a known good one.

After that, it’s needing testing with a multimeter

The video attached fine.

First thing, eliminate the obvious…. Is the 3A fuse good? Swap it with another table lamp.

Thanks for your help. I'll try that. I am new to lamp making so I imagine a multimeter is a must-have.

The video attached fine.

We have light! Replaced the fuse. Thank you so much for your help.

Attachments

• C6C9D25A-F712-4483-AC5F-B4E9029D73BA.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 1

Reply to Can anyone spot what’s wrong? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've wired up my spots however the main light [the one that was once a ceiling rose] works as intended with the light switch, but the rest are...
Replies
Views
Hello I have some decking lights which to be fair, have been nothing but pain in the bottom since they were installed. Moisture in the lens lamps...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for DIY electrical advice. I have 7 x spots, and each are fitted with 1 x T&E connector block fitting [see photo]. In the past...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone complete idiot here😂 can anyone please help me with what goes where if possible by these pics? There is one black and one grey wire...
Replies
Views
This is the second set which won't work to replace the current spots here in my kitchen. All they do is flash once quickly. I'm replacing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock