Discuss Can anyone tell me what these symbols are? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SteveSparks

Trainee
Reaction score
Apologies if this should be posted in the trainee area, I've been trying to gain access for a while but it hasn't been granted for some reason.

Both symbols are for my coursework, I've searched online extensively, OSG and regs book but can't find anything that matches up.

Alternatively, can anyone reccomend a source for symbols in general? Google is full of them, but a lot of them don't correlate with one another, and they hardly ever have the symbol I'm looking for ?

symbol 1.jpgSymbol 2.jpg

There are some symbols on the OSG back inside flap, but not exactly the two requested, as far as I can see.
I could have sworn they were on the back cover. I haven't got mine with me but I'll check when I get back.
Sorry, yeah I have the symbols page with the OSG, what I meant is the symbols I'm looking for aren't there.

It's possible the box with a cross is some form of emergency lighting, it's the closest match to anything on that page, it's not exactly the same though

Looking at my old 2396 legend.

1. TP-N switched fused unit
2. Fused connection unit (no neon) or an enclosed luminaire possibly with a switch.

You need to ask you tutor for confirmation.

Can you post a picture showing a slightly larger area of the plan which might give some more context?

Looking at my old 2396 legend.

1. TP-N switched fused unit
2. Fused connection unit (no neon) or an enclosed luminaire possibly with a switch.

You need to ask you tutor for confirmation.

Can you post a picture showing a slightly larger area of the plan which might give some more context?
Thanks mate,

The one on the left (cross outside the square) is in a swimming pool plant room, and the one on the right (cross inside the square) is in the corner of a cafe.

I actually heard back from the tutor just now, he says he's been asking city & guilds the very same question for years and no one has given an answer.. So I guess they're irrelevant! Very strange!

Completeley seperate issue, but does anyone know how I can gain access to the trainee area? I have messaged Dan & Lou but haven't had a response, also tried following the link on the forum but not had any luck.

I have the Visio Electrical drawing software and have looked through all the Symbol sections, those particular symbols do no appear, one would think that one of these would;
JIC Symbols.
IEC Symbols.
IEC Isolators, Dissconectors, Fuses, Controllers.
IEC Power, Meters, Transformers, Motor controllers.

There are about another twenty or so symbols sections available, I only looked at the most relevant.

I have the Visio Electrical drawing software and have looked through all the Symbol sections, those particular symbols do no appear, one would think that one of these would;
JIC Symbols.
IEC Symbols.
IEC Isolators, Dissconectors, Fuses, Controllers.
IEC Power, Meters, Transformers, Motor controllers.

There are about another twenty or so symbols sections available, I only looked at the most relevant.
Thanks mate,

I'm gonna Google that software in a minute, do you think it would be a useful tool for the L3 design project? Is it quite simple to use, for someone who's not a computer wizz!?

I've done rough copies by hand so far, its proving difficult to show all circuits definitively.

Reply to Can anyone tell me what these symbols are? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net