Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss can i do certificates in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkybaz

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

i currently work for a company and have done for 23 yrs,ive my 17th edition and test and inspection,all i basically do is periodic tests on empty properties and its driving me mad.i'm setting up my own property maintenance company in january and intend doing it part time to start with then leaving my current job if all goes well.
can i do minor works,installation certificates and periodics with my current quolifications without joining any governing bodies.
cheers all

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
S

smoggy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i currently work for a company and have done for 23 yrs,ive my 17th edition and test and inspection,all i basically do is periodic tests on empty properties and its driving me mad.i'm setting up my own property maintenance company in january and intend doing it part time to start with then leaving my current job if all goes well.
can i do minor works,installation certificates and periodics with my current quolifications without joining any governing bodies.
cheers all
Think you can as long as you go through LABC for notifiable work, most governing bodies sell generic certs.

H

hamlettphil

im in same position mate, im ringing the labc 2moro to see were i stand, i heard off one spark u can just take your certs and stuff down to them and prove ur a compotent person. ill let u know. I personally dont want to be paying all that money out, when im doing it only part time.

S

sparkyork

im in same position mate, im ringing the labc 2moro to see were i stand, i heard off one spark u can just take your certs and stuff down to them and prove ur a compotent person. ill let u know. I personally dont want to be paying all that money out, when im doing it only part time.

hi, you may well proove compotence with labc but there still gonna want the fee off you. thats who whole point of going with nic, napit etc.
and if they dont want a fee which i would be very suprised about, then i for one would be very annoyed!

but yeah or OP post, you can do whatever work you like. if its notifiable then obviouly you will need to pay labc. dont think you will need to pay for pir's mind, only actual "work done" is what you pay labc for.

hope that helps

H

hamlettphil

do you know how much registration fee is with NAPPIT or any other governing bodies??

S

sparkyork

cant say for sure but i know nic is £436 ish, think the others are around about the same maybe slightly cheaper but not a lot.

T

trev85

im in same position, please could you let me know what LABC says about what you are hoping to do and costs

thanks

S

sparkyork

if your not with a scheme provider then you have to pay labc fees for whatever jobs you do that are notifiable that is.

P

petewan

I'm just doing my 2 jobs for niceic, one is a cu change, labc in Reading are charging me £163 to notifiy, at this cost must be better to register with niciec, napit,elesca

Reply to can i do certificates in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom