Discuss Can I get away without a full rewire? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Pete - before I go any further, do you have a website or somewhere I can check your credentials?
Are you proposing a full electrical report - if so, what is the cost please?
Or, are you offering to come and look and quote?
Might be best if we had a chat at some point?
Therein lies the problem Sarah, I am a retired Electrician, you can check my quals /experience etc, via my profile on the Foeum.
I understand you need to be careful, as I am bot registered anymore it would be difficult for me to notify the work yes I could give you a certificate but being unregistered would be expensive to notify Building Control.
However my thoughts on the visit was to offer advice, not do any work, I wouldn't expect you to pay for the visit just doing it as a favour to a Forum member, feel free to reject offer no problem with me, the offer is still there regardless, just let me know.
[automerge]1578065024[/automerge]
No, I mean, Does it suit you, and more importantly are you insinuating I'm a cowboy? as I take exception to that remark. Try to help someone and there will always be someone there to put the boot in.

Therein lies the problem Sarah, I am a retired Electrician, you can check my quals /experience etc, via my profile on the Foeum.
I understand you need to be careful, as I am bot registered anymore it would be difficult for me to notify the work yes I could give you a certificate but being unregistered would be expensive to notify Building Control.
However my thoughts on the visit was to offer advice, not do any work, I wouldn't expect you to pay for the visit just doing it as a favour to a Forum member, feel free to reject offer no problem with me, the offer is still there regardless, just let me know.
[automerge]1578065024[/automerge]

No, I mean, Does it suit you, and more importantly are you insinuating I'm a cowboy? as I take exception to that remark. Try to help someone and there will always be someone there to put the boot in.
That was me Pete:)...…...bleedin' merged pages:mad:
Sort her out, she means no harm.

Hi Pete - before I go any further, do you have a website or somewhere I can check your credentials?
Are you proposing a full electrical report - if so, what is the cost please?
Or, are you offering to come and look and quote?
Might be best if we had a chat at some point?
sarah, pete999 would be a godsend to you. he has no vested interest in making money out of you, and if i read his post correctly, he's prepared to give you sound advice without any thoughts of riping you off. pete is one of the most experienced and respected members on this forum. i'd swear that the world was flat before believing anything bad aboout him .

sarah, pete999 would be a godsend to you. he has no vested interest in making money out of you, and if i read his post correctly, he's prepared to give you sound advice without any thoughts of riping you off. pete is one of the most experienced and respected members on this forum. i'd swear that the world was flat before believing anything bad aboout him .
Thanks Tel appreciated
[automerge]1578066943[/automerge]
Just make sure the drinks cabinet is locked up :)

Only joking. Pete’s a well respected member, retired. Perhaps he’s suggesting he would take a quick look, and offer advice?
Yes exactly my intention

I will gladly second that , Pete is one of the most genuine people I have ever come across.

He likes his tea, Earl Grey. Hot.

yes. Pete’s a good’un and he could probably scope more info about the electrics just visually than some others would need the best part of a day to come to the same conclusion and ultimately say the same thing.

Goes without saying.

Pete will give you an experienced and impartial view as he has nothing to gain out of this. I'd take him up on the offer in a heartbeat.

He likes his tea, Earl Grey. Hot.

yes. Pete’s a good’un and he could probably scope more info about the electrics just visually than some others would need the best part of a day to come to the same conclusion and ultimately say the same thing.
Cabernet Sauvignon. Earl Grey my backside

Reply to Can I get away without a full rewire? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock