JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) can i get my jib card?

Discuss can i get my jib card? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

browno23

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi there im new to the site i currently hold my 2330 level 2&3 nvq 2 16th regs and will have my nvq 3 complete in about a month so when i get my nvq can i get my jib card as an electritian many thanks

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
S

scouse_spark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
im in the same boat mate bit further on with the site diary tho as it's getting handed in next week (fingers crossed)

been getting told loads of different things by different people but ive decided im going to wait untill i pass me am2 (booked for november) before i apply

W

wayne

if your'e upto nvq 3 (am2) then you can apply for your ecs card(electrician grade)
see the jib/ecs websites for grading definitions

S

scouse_spark

have to have your certificate back for your site diary though don't you?

W

wayne

i wouldnt know ...im old school 236

S

scouse_spark

we got switched from the old city & guilds ones to these new eal ones in the second year - bit of a pain like but a lot less work

G

GAZHUDDS

I got my JIb application through with my AM2 result, back when I did it I would'nt be put through the AM2 until my logbook was handed in

S

scouse_spark

yeh it's the same with us - when my training officer looked through my portfolio last he booked me AM2 as the portfolio only needed a few tweeks- and it was under the agreement that the portfolio wouldn't get left - our college has just been made a AM2 centre though so it's happy days, only down the road.

danzor

-
Mentor
Arms
how long does the nvq3 take? I've been told I can do am2 and nvq3 at the same time, as the am2 will speed up the nvq3. is that true?

W

wayne

danzor,sorry about the footy result saturday......................not

S

scouse_spark

I wouldn't know danzor - i'm getting told different things by my boss the college and other sparks lol

B

browno23

i was under the impression you dont need the am2 to get your jib card?

Reply to can i get my jib card? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom