Discuss Can I join 6mm and 2.5mm cable in radial circuit in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pmozza

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m new to this forum so please bear with me. I live in a bungalow and would like to repurpose an unused shower cable to supply one new double socket. The radial shower circuit cable is 6mm and protected by a 40A mcb. My plan is to connect the 6mm cable to a length of 2.5mm cable which will run to the new socket in a utility room. My question is can I simply join the cables in a 30A jct box in the loft and replace the 40A breaker with a lower rated 20A version at the consumer unit. The socket will feed a washing machine and tumble drier - both machines are modern and efficient. Would this approach be safe and appropriate? Thanks in advance

Reply to Can I join 6mm and 2.5mm cable in radial circuit in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I`m looking for an advice. I have an electric shower that I`m not using due to boiler changed to combi and added shower over bath feed by a...
Replies
Views
I've been asked to change few double sockets, but not keen on touching after seeing 6mm cable, so did a bit of checking as can see the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hello Electrical world. Looking for thoughts and opinions. Currently planning out my kitchen re-wire for new kitchen. I was originally...
Replies
Views
HI All, I am building a new house (self build) and have my part P so am running the cabling. My reading of the regs says that any appliance of...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock