Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Can I replace one breaker with another? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

thailen

DIY
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have a square D panel(QOC16UF) with a 20 amp breaker(plus others). This breaker is too small to handle the various outlets and light fixtures in the small kitchen and living room. I purchased a 30 amp breaker and wonder if I can unscrew the front panel from the wall, turn off the main breaker and simply unhook the 20 amp breaker, insert the 30 amp breaker, turn the main breaker on, check all the outlets and replace the front panel.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
depends on whether the cable/s fed by that breaker are rated for >30A. if not, then it's a no-no.

Reply to Can I replace one breaker with another? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.