Discuss Can I replace one breaker with another? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

thailen

DIY
Reaction score
I have a square D panel(QOC16UF) with a 20 amp breaker(plus others). This breaker is too small to handle the various outlets and light fixtures in the small kitchen and living room. I purchased a 30 amp breaker and wonder if I can unscrew the front panel from the wall, turn off the main breaker and simply unhook the 20 amp breaker, insert the 30 amp breaker, turn the main breaker on, check all the outlets and replace the front panel.

depends on whether the cable/s fed by that breaker are rated for >30A. if not, then it's a no-no.

Reply to Can I replace one breaker with another? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I want to make some electrical upgrades to my detached garage. I want to update the subpanel in the detached garage, and I want to add a 240V...
Replies
Views
I’m planning a 240V welder circuit in a detached garage with a 100A sub panel. For the 160A or 180A output welders I’m looking at, the conductor...
Replies
Views
New member and DIY. I have a 60 AMP breaker going to a sub panel for a workshop. Two months ago I bought an electric car and a 40 AMP charger...
Replies
Views
Hi guys , Happy 4th I had a 15 amp breaker trip in my panel when my mother was running her sewing machine. She flipped the breaker back but later...
Replies
Views
Here is my set up. I have 100 amp service coming into my house into the panel box. I have a 50 amp subpanel in my garage fed from the main...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock