Discuss Can i take a Fused Spur from a 45Amp Cooker Point in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

now i can understand some of you saying the cooker circuit is a dedicated circuit, but like i said in my last post, some cooker switches come with a 13Amp socket outlet on them. so thats not part of the dedicated circuit, because theres nothin to stop some pluggin whatever they like into that outlet. im using just a cooker switch with a fused spur thats going to be rated at something like 5Amps, dnt really see any difference.

and to Electro i always try and use the same size cable to the supply side of the fused spur as from where im spurring from.

Dave
looks like youve answered your own question dave ;)

Considering what has been pointed out in the previous posts, i would say yes its fine, especially in this scenario as there is virtually no way anything else will be used on the spur other than the extractor.

found this last night, seems our mate trevor linsley thinks its ok to put a 12kw cooker on 2.5 or 4mm t/e :eek:

Attachments

• img175.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 45
36_11_1.gif
im not getting involved

found this last night, seems our mate trevor linsley thinks its ok to put a 12kw cooker on 2.5 or 4mm t/e :eek:

If the correct voltage is used (230) this is nearer 52A.

However, it would still be mad to install a 2.5 cable to a cooker, especially if in the future a different appliance is fitted.

If the correct voltage is used (230) this is nearer 52A.

However, it would still be mad to install a 2.5 cable to a cooker, especially if in the future a different appliance is fitted.
i know that jason, just posting what one of our senior instructors and lecturers thinks :eek:

What i was saying was that the attachment is incorrect as we should use 230 in calcs.

And if that was from a lecturer what hope has anyone got?

What i was saying was that the attachment is incorrect as we should use 230 in calcs.

And if that was from a lecturer what hope has anyone got?
your missing the point. using 230 we still wouldnt put a 12kw cooker on a 2.5 supply.:eek:
this is from the book BASIC ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION WORK by TREVOR LINSLEY former senior lecturer at blackpool and fylde college as well as head of the NVQ ASSESMENT CENTRE :eek::eek::eek:
the book is supposed to be the one stop learning resource to the 2330 level 2 certificate in electrotechnical technology :eek:
what chance do new trainees stand when this rubbish is out there :confused:

If a cooker circuit is dedicated then why do they come with a socket on,so in theory if the calcs are ok i personnally wouldn't coz i would get (NO SWEARING) off my boss

Last edited by a moderator:
If a cooker circuit is dedicated then why do they come with a socket on,so in theory if the calcs are ok i personnally wouldn't coz i would get (NO SWEARING) off my boss
they only come with a socket on if the circuit is designed to include one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Can i take a Fused Spur from a 45Amp Cooker Point in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net