Discuss Can someone advise me what type of gland this is? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a pic of a sign at my local reservoir, front thereof:
Can someone advise me what type of gland this is? flashing 1 - EletriciansForums.net
Probably won't be flashing anytime soon...

And here is a pic of the back of that sign, and I would like to know what you call the gland where the big cable exits from the metal post supporting the sign
Can someone advise me what type of gland this is? flashing 2 - EletriciansForums.net

Thanks in advance!

Standard out door SWA gland by the looks of it

I used to install & main traffic signals..
Had a good call out once... control box making a whining noise, somehow there was a dog trapped inside!!

I'm with @FatAlan on this.
I think you are being narrow minded to think the dog was trapped.
I think he was trained to do the road signals locally... He was having an off day and just wanted to whinge to himself about it, when you turn up and drag him out of his work place...

Hahaha I get confused with dogs, woman in the shop a few weeks ago with a deaf dog; I gave him the thumbs up but no response, I then spoke to him and his tail started wagging - rumbled!

Come to think of it, it was probably a trainee police dog on traffic attachment :p. Reminds me of a probationary police officer who we wound up. School lolly pop lady had gone sick so he was directed to stop traffic for the kids outside the school. He was told that he had to wear the lolly pop lady’s jacket on top of his uniform as well as use the lolly pop

I'm with @FatAlan on this.
I think you are being narrow minded to think the dog was trapped.
I think he was trained to do the road signals locally... He was having an off day and just wanted to whinge to himself about it, when you turn up and drag him out of his work place...
i think the dog probably piddled on the lamp post, then went inside for greater privacy to have a dump. just like the pub toilets. 4 urinals and only 1 sh1thouse.

i think the dog probably piddled on the lamp post, then went inside for greater privacy to have a dump. just like the pub toilets. 4 urinals and only 1 sh1thouse.
Now that reminds me of a great thread I started on a rugby forum along the lines of ... Urinals and the ideal rugby ground. Based on experiences at the old Franklin’s Gardens in Northampton with tin shack and lengths of guttering to pee into. :cool:

Reply to Can someone advise me what type of gland this is? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock